Our airline is passionate about our mission to meaningfully improve the lives of our people, our customers, and the communities we serve.
When you join Canadian North, you are joining a team of highly experienced, dedicated, and caring aviation professionals. We provide essential passenger and cargo services to 25 communities within Nunavut, Nunavik and the Northwest Territories, as well as Southern hubs in Ottawa, Montreal and Edmonton.
Learn more at canadiannorth.com
Position(s) Available: 2 (Full Time)
Other Details: Reporting to Manager, Cargo & Ramp
Level: As per the UNIFOR Collective Agreement
- In accordance with UNIFOR Collective Agreement
Benefits vary by position. All Canadian North employees are eligible for:
- Health, Dental, and Wellness benefits
- Free/reduced rate flight & cargo privileges
- Retirement plan
- Referral program
Interested candidates should be able to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Comply with Company and MOT Standards and Regulations;
- Handle all cargo;
- Perform all warehouse related duties;
- Provide excellent customer service internally and externally;
- Responsibly maintain clean and orderly work areas;
- Responsibly use and maintain Company equipment;
- Assist Customer Service and/or Cargo Agents when required;
- Assist passengers with mobility and special needs;
- Perform commissary duties;
- Assist with reconfiguration of aircraft as required;
- Perform other duties and functions related to the foregoing;
- Process airway bills;
- Other duties as assigned.
Include, but not limited to, the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent related work experience i.e. warehouse, forklifts, customer service industry, etc.;
- 1 year of warehouse and/or customer service experience;
- Demonstrated strong communication, organizational, problem solving & interpersonal skills;
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks in a high pressure, high volume environment;
- Knowledge of cargo handling and processing procedures considered an asset;
- Knowledge and experience of loading and load control on company aircraft considered an asset;
- Forklift driving experience an asset;
- Proven customer service skills;
- Must hold a valid driver’s license;
- Must be willing to work various shifts (including evenings, holidays and weekends);
- Must be able to obtain Airside Vehicle Operators Permit (AVOP) – D/A, however AVOP-D preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and retain a dangerous goods handling certificate;
- Ability to communicate in Inuktut a definite asset;
- Ability to obtain and retain an Airport Restricted Area Identity Card in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada.
Canadian North Human Resources Department
Email: [email protected]
Internal and External candidates will be interviewed simultaneously. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canadian North is committed to employment equity.
This advisory was posted on May 1, 2023.
Canadian North is an equal opportunity employer. Members of designated groups (Inuit, First Nations, Métis, Women, Visible Minorities, and People with Disabilities) are encouraged to apply and self-identify.
Canadian North is 100% Inuit-owned by Makivik Corporation and the Inuvialuit Development Group. We serve an incredibly small and widely dispersed customer base, which represents less than 1% of the population in Canada. Our flights enable the movement of people, food, and medicine, while providing access to crucial medical care and government services.
Nearly all of the communities we serve have no road or rail access, meaning the residents are completely dependent on air service for all aspects of life. We are uniquely equipped to meet this challenge head on with our diverse fleet of aircrafts capable of serving in varied environments from snow to ice to gravel.
One-third of the Canadian North team live and work in the Arctic with around 200 Inuit contributing to all areas of our organization, including as board members and senior leadership.
Our mission is to meaningfully improve the lives of our people, our customers, and the communities we serve. Our vision is to be respected within Canada’s North as a dynamic and caring airline, diversifying to serve other geographies and markets by leveraging our skills and resources. Our values are safety, integrity, teamwork, innovation, service excellence, community, and respect.