A World of Opportunity
At MDS, we value our team members and their continued contribution to everything we do—it is why we are successful, and it is why our team members are successful. Now we want to make an addition to our world-class team—this time, we are looking for an exceptional Production Planner who will join us to deliver our highly innovative Gas Turbine Engine Solutions to our customers around the globe.
The Production Planner assists in developing, implementing and maintaining the manufacturing production plans for MDS Aero Support Corporation. The incumbent manages the day-to-day procurement, production and vendor management workflow. The Production Planner demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy at all times, with strong conflict management and resolution skills.
What you'll be doing:
- Primary resource responsible for entry into ERP, of production plans developed by Engineering and Project management.
- Coordinate with project management, engineering and procurement to monitor performance to the production plan and act as necessary to ensure compliance
- Timely release, smooth flow, and on-time completion of manufacturing orders (jobs)
- Anticipate, identify, and address potential and real issues that could prevent the smooth completion of work in accordance with the production plan
- Monitor MRP/ERP action messages and react to changes to ensure materials are available in accordance with the production plan
- Provide timely solutions to planning conflicts
- Act as a Liaison with the PLM & ERP committees (Product Lifecycle Management tool) to optimize integration with MRP/ERP
- Owner of Issuing all manufacturing jobs & closing them
- Identify and help implement planning process improvements
- Troubleshoot issues that arise and liaise with Epicor Consultant support
- Other duties as assigned
What'll help your success?*
- MRP/ERP experience required
- Proficiency with Epicor ERP an asset
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field. A Technology or Engineering degree is an asset.
- 2 - 5 years production planning and scheduling experience
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
We live, sleep and breathe our corporate values: Communication, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Care and Respect and that makes for a great place to work.
Being a management owned company, our owners come to work every day, right at your side.
We strive to foster personal and professional growth by providing all employees with internal career advancement.
On top of that, MDS offers the following:
- Canada’s Best Managed companies (Platinum member)
- Employee bonus program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Health spending account
- Fitness Membership Reimbursement
- Positive and flexible work environment
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Strong focus on learning and development
- Company events including family holiday party, employee events, executive - led coffee talks, team gatherings, and so much more
- Participation in community events such as HOPE volleyball, Dragon Boat Festival, Soccer and Hockey Tournaments and other fundraising activities
- Inclusive workforce
MDS is an equal opportunity employer. MDS does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, mental or physical disability, religion, sex or national origin or ethnic origin.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in Canada and do not require sponsorship will be contacted.
Please visit our web site https://mdsaero.com to view all open positions.
Telephone calls not accepted from candidates or agencies
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations