Our client is a world wide, Fortune 500 telecom vendor working across technologies such as 5G, Cloud, Networking and much more. with Canada's top Telecom firms. They are currently seeking to add a Solutions Architect - Security & Cloud to their team for a long term, potentially multi-year contract.
Lead the team on NFR (Non Functional Requirements) situations and make best cloud practice recommendations to achieve top NFRs
- Lead the team on Information Security awareness/ compliance (e.g. iso 27001)
- lead the team on authentication/authorization protocols and models such as (RBAC/ABAC/OIDC/OAUTH/SAML/SSO)
- Experienced with Cloud application solutioning (IBM private, AWS, Azure etc)
- Architect DevOps factories
- Lead the team to and explain the rationale behind choosing databases, api services, containerization and other. The goal is to have an architect explain why you would implement xyz tool from a business requirement point of view.
- Guide team and explain the benefits of cloud native architecture (microservices) vs monoliths, Pro’s & con’s, why people move to cloud native, benefits.
- Understanding of the benefits of public/private/hybrid cloud and how to leverage cloud native design in these types of architectures.
- Stakeholder management: need to interface Product Owners, developers and different stakeholders and align architectural vision and business requirements
- Drive and document studies
- Create network diagrams, Technical Product Documentation, HLD
- Good communication skills (in English)
- Have a good background with Networking/firewall
- Understanding of SDLC
- Leadership – self driven and able to tie people together
- Good negotiation skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Able to make fact based decisions