Who We Are
Trans Mountain Corporation operates Canada’s only pipeline system transporting crude oil and refined products to the West Coast. We deliver nearly 300,000 barrels of crude oil and refined products each day through 1,274 kilometers of pipeline in Alberta, British Columbia and Washington State.
The Trans Mountain Expansion Project will provide increased capacity to support Canadian crude oil production growth and ensure access to global energy markets. The largest project in our history, it involves the installation of approximately 980 km of new pipeline, new and modified facilities including pump stations and terminals, and a new dock complex at the Westridge Marine Terminal in British Columbia.
As a federal Crown corporation, the newly formed Trans Mountain Corporation will continue to build upon our 65 years of experience delivering operational and safety excellence through our crude oil pipeline system.
We are accountable to Parliament through the Canada Development Investment Corporation (CDEV). As a wholly-owned subsidiary of CDEV, we are governed by an independent Board of Directors.
Quick Facts about Trans Mountain Corporation
- We operate Canada’s only pipeline system transporting crude oil and refined products to the West Coast
- We have delivered safe and reliable energy transportation for 65 years
- We deliver 300,000 barrels of crude oil and refined products every day on our pipeline system
- Our Trans Mountain Expansion Project will provide western Canadian crude oil producers with an additional 590,000 bpd of crude oil transportation capacity and tidewater access
- Our corporate headquarters is in Calgary, Alberta with regional offices along the pipeline system in Alberta and British Columbia
The A/P Analyst will coordinate day-to-day operations of the Accounts Payable clerks to ensure work is properly allocated, invoices are accurately reflected in the system, processed and paid on time; often acting as the back-up for the AP Supervisor during month end/quarter ends, project construction, and for vacation/sick time coverage.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate day-to-day operation of AP personnel, including work allocations, training, development, and problem resolution; acts in the Supervisor role to provide backup coverage.
- Provide general accounts payable expertise and resolve issues that have been escalated up from the AP Clerks, Vendors, Internal Departments, Vendor Maintenance and Treasury.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining analytical A/P reporting such as weekly cash flow reports and monthly A/P statistics. Works closely with Finance and Treasury to ensure reports meet their requirements.
- Payment processing including monthly reconciliation of wires; prepare weekly bank deposits of cash receipts
- Participates in special projects, such as new system implementation/enhancements, working directly with IT
- Involvement in testing system processes to ensure accuracy and completeness and document any inconsistencies to the team
- Develop reports that provide useful information for other departments in the company
- Work closely with Vendor Maintenance to provide a secondary review of new vendor set ups
- Develop training material and document internal processes ensuring compliance with SOX controls
- Successful completion of an Accounting diploma
- 5-7 years Accounts Payable experience including some supervisory experience
- Proven interpersonal/motivational skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Able to work with a team
- Able to prioritize work
- Strong attention to detail
- Dynamics 365 experience would be an asset
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft applications (including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) for the purpose of word processing, spreadsheets and information retrieval.
As an equal opportunity employer, Trans Mountain Canada actively encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Indigenous Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Job Type: Temporary