Title: Quality Technician
Reports To: Supervisor - Quality Assurance
Audit our products and manufacturing processes, gather and analyze data, initiate problem solving, maintain our ISO standards and lead quality project activities to proactively promote the highest quality products for our customers. Test products for CSA / ETL compliance.
- Support production lines/areas for quality related issues. Exercise problem solving skills to implement corrective action for customer concerns in a timely manner and report as appropriate.
- Inspect purchased product to see if it meets with our incoming inspection criteria. Conduct preliminary checks of new product, complete inspection report and take to R&D for sign off.
- Package defective incoming product, label with RMR number and hold for disposition from purchasing.
- Contain and identify nonconforming products. Issue Email Hold Notifications, issue Quality Alerts, and issue Concessions.
- Issue Nonconformance Reports and conduct Process Audits.
- Assist production with the training of new production associates using product and quality experience.
- Participate in factory audits for certification agencies CSA, Intertek/ETL, Warnock Hersey, CE and OMNI for North American division. Work with each test agency to ensure product is being tested effectively.
- Review work instructions and audit plan for certification for the applicable businesses.
- Assist in the smooth implementation of audits and inspections related to certifications.
- Coordinate and conduct first-off on Kits and accessories for North American division.
- Apply basic quality principles and practices with a working knowledge of analytical and problem solving tools (Pareto Charts, 8 Step, FMEA). Comply with ISO Management System
- Communicate effectively both verbal and written with all levels within the entire value chain, and promote positive relationships.
Education & Experience:
- Completion of High School or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in Quality
- High School/GED Diploma
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Visual).
- Effectively communicate (both written and verbal) process audit results with production leadership
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
- Correct use of measurement tools to ensure product conformance to engineering drawings (i.e. Verniers, micrometers, manometers, dielectric testers, etc)
- Basic understanding of quality principles (Pareto charts, 8 step, control plans)
The Napoleon Group of Companies is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain Associates with disabilities. This includes providing accessibility across all stages of the employment cycle. Accommodation is available upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality: 3 years (Required)