Are you looking for a new and challenging opportunity and would like to work with the Halton Regional Police Services (H.R.P.S.)? We are currently looking for individuals to work in our Information and Records Services Unit as a Records Information Clerk on a Contract - Temporary as Required Basis.
These roles provide the following key services:
- To maintain records contributed by the Halton Regional Police Service on the Canadian Police Information Center and Niche Records Management Systems.
- To provide information and administrative assistance to HRPS Officers and other Services.
This challenging role will enable you to work alongside police officers to collectively maintain important computerized and paper records.
The H.R.P.S. proudly supports the growing communities of Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Georgetown, Acton and Halton Hills.
To be considered for this role, you must:
- Have a minimum one year’s experience in a related general or administrative office experience within a computerized environment
- Hold a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be available to work multiple 12 hour rotating shifts in a row, in a 24/7 work environment, including days, nights, weekends, and statutory holidays
- Have well developed data entry skills in a computerized environment is required
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Outlook and computerized records management/database software experience in order to modify and edit records on a computerized records management system
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail skills
- Ability to proofread and interpret words and numbers and draw out important information
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Ability to accept that things will be changing and remain positive and productive
- Provide helpful information and/or assistance to ensure consistency of relevant policies, procedures and guidelines to others
- Solve basic problems, considering predefined options and using clear criteria/procedures/legislation to adhere and to ensure accuracy of entries into Records Management System
- Provide service in a professional, sincere and respectful manner and assume personal responsibility and follow up on commitments
- Tact and diplomacy skills to work within a confidential and professional environment
- Be a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident of Canada
Candidates that are selected through the recruitment and selection process will be required to successfully complete the mandatory training. This training will consist of a minimum of 280 hours of classroom training as well as 320 hours on-the-job training. During the training period, you may be required to work full time hours.
Work Schedule and Salary
Upon successful completion of the mandatory training, the candidate will be scheduled in advance. This role can require a candidate to work a 12 hour shift in a 24/7 work environment, which includes days, afternoon, nights, weekends and statutory holidays. Hours of work will vary on a weekly and monthly basis. At certain peak times throughout the year, this role can require a candidate to work up to four 12 hour rotating shifts in a row, in a 24/7 work environment. For example, 2 dayshifts, 2 nightshifts, then have up to four days off, and then begin up to four 12 hour shifts again (2 dayshifts, 2 nightshifts).
The current salary for this role is $34.28 per hour.
This position is located at HRPS Headquarters in Oakville (QEW & Bronte Road), and offers candidates an exciting workplace opportunity, away from the hectic commute to the city.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please refer to our website at:
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, you must apply on-line with a resume and a detailed letter outlining your experience and skills in relation to the position (i.e. targeted cover letter and resume demonstrating why you are a strong candidate for this position). This information should be forwarded to the Staffing Advisor, Human Resource Services, quoting Competition #43-C-19 by 4:00 pm on September 15, 2019.
Please note: All applications must be submitted to the Service’s on-line system to be considered for this vacancy.
Select the job posting “Records Information Clerk- Contract”. Scroll down to the bottom of the webpage of that specific job posting. Click on “Apply Now”.
Please Note: Initial applications to our Service require a two-step process, initial registration on the system and an application for a specific position. You should receive two confirmation emails: one for initial registration on the system and one for an application to a specific position.
No phone call or emails, please. The Halton Regional Police Service is committed to the principles of equal opportunity. We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Halton Regional Police Service is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
If you are not qualified for the above position, but you would like to submit an application, please submit your application via “Future Opportunities”.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Salary: $34.28 /hour