We are currently looking to add a new permanent full-time Finance and Office Coordinator to our Toronto office located at 2323 Yonge Street to begin immediately.
We are looking for an attentive and reliable individual with a background in accounting to join our team. As part of the accounting and finance team, the successful candidate will be responsible for various aspects of the accounts receivable and accounts payable process. A main focus will be on invoicing and payment processing. In addition, as the various business units continue to grow and change, the candidate may be required to take on other tasks and responsibilities within the accounting and finance department.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Reconcile tracking platforms for the production of client invoices, and calculate and report any discrepancies accordingly.
- Communicate with business development managers and clients about invoicing and accounts receivable.
- Ensure payments are processed accurately, and done so in a timely manner.
- Apply appropriate sales tax and review application on invoices and payments.
- Pay attention to cash balances for certain accounts for payment processing.
- Communicate with affiliate management team in regards to any wire payment matters.
- Record transactions and file payment receipts, invoices and cheques.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Manage bank deposits and money order pickups
- Responsible for serving as back-up for the Office Manager. Including but not limited to, loading/unloading dishwasher, keeping kitchen tidy, purchasing office supplies, picking up snacks, managing work events, mailing courier items, etc.
- Perform ad hoc tasks and other duties, as required.
What's in it for you:
- Benefits package (Ie. Dental coverage, prescription drug coverage, extended health care and vision)
- Easy access to transit at the heart of Yonge and Eglinton
- Participation in corporate team building events
- Experience in our continuously growing environment
- University Degree or College Diploma in Accounting
- Experience in Quickbooks is an asset
- Experience in Microsoft Office is an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Outgoing personality, and the ability to work independently and efficiently without requiring micro-management.
- Ability to work in a team and be a team player
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)