Do you enjoy making a difference? Would others consider you to be an organized person? Do you hate when company policy gets in the way of the right decision? Do you easily admit when you’re wrong? Would people say you know how to get a message across? Are you turned off by people who brag about their accomplishments? Do you find yourself reading periodicals about the industry you’re in? Do you get satisfaction from a job well done and like to celebrate success when you’ve worked hard to get there?
If you answered yes to these questions, Highstreet has the career path for you! We’re currently looking for Labourers to join our Skaha Shores multifamily construction project in West Kelowna, BC. This role have expected hours between 7:00 am-5:00 pm Monday through Friday
Our goal is to own and operate $200 million of net zero real estate by 2024 by leveraging technology, create low cost energy while saving resources, energy and time.
We focus on creating a team-based atmosphere where people want to work, not because they have to. Everyone talks about culture, so don’t rely on what we write, check us out online or in preferably person.
- Competitive Salaries
- Biannual Bonuses
- Investment Matching
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Comprehensive Health Benefits Package
- Pizza Fridays & BBQ’s
- Monthly Employee Celebrations
These roles will play a key part in the organization and upkeep of a fast-paced multi-family construction site. The Labourer with Highstreet will report to the Site Superintendent and Assistant Site Superintendent.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform all duties assigned by the Site Superintendent or Assistant Site Superintendent
- Loading and unloading construction materials, and moving them to work areas
- Installing and removing concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks and barricades at construction sites
- Help equipment operator, carpenter, and others when necessary
- Signalling equipment operator to guide them in moving equipment
- Removing rubble and other debris at construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment
- Directing traffic at or near construction sites
- Adhere to relevant safety regulations
- Any other duties as reasonably assigned
A highly motivated individual who enjoys learning new skills and growing upon current strengths. Here, at Highstreet, employees and culture are highly valued, and performance is rewarded.
In addition to identifying with Highstreet’s values and what we believe in by answering yes to the questions above, the candidate should also:
- be highly motivated to learn in general but specifically about buildings, development and construction
- Communicate openly and ethically with a positive attitude
- Thrive working in a fast-paced environment
- Be a team player, be self-motivated and efficient
- 2+ years of labourer experience or similar role
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Possess general understanding of construction procedures, equipment and OSH guidelines
- Have good physical conditioning and stamina
- Ticketed on skid steer, rough terrain forklift, boom lifts, and/or excavator would be an asset.
Criminal background checks are required as a condition of employment
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Bonus scheme
- Company events & social hours
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Safe distancing, limited access of visitors, and site sanitization practices in place.
- construction: 2 years (Preferred)