Essential Skills Manitoba is a not-for-profit organization that provides Essential Skills assessment and training. We are seeking qualified candidates for the following position(s):
Directly reporting to the Director of Operations, the facilitator is part of a team responsible for delivering Essential Skills Assessments and workshops, in person and on-line. Using skills-based assessments, we measure individuals current level in the 9 essential skills and provide specific recommendations for upgrading. Assessments, workshops and training are based on the skills required to be successful in an occupation, continuing education or technical training.
- Deliver programs and curriculum in collaboration with other team members
- Develop classroom activities to enhance participants’ Essential Skills
- Define student learning objectives based on employer/industry requirements
- Deliver formative and summative evaluations to measure student learning
- Maintain accurate and complete participant records
- Development of lesson plans and assessment tools
- Report writing, evaluations, and other administrative tasks.
· Degree in Education or Adult Education, or experience as a Workplace Trainer/Facilitator
· Minimum of 2 years experience in Adult Education
· Experience in group facilitation
· Knowledge and understanding of Essential Skills
· Experience working with diverse, multi-barriered, multi-cultural participants
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite (Word, Outlook, Power Point, Excel)
- Strong numeracy and computer skills, with sufficient knowledge to help students
- Strong planning and organizational abilities
- Able to prioritize and complete work within a demanding work schedule
- Able to communicate effectively with Case Managers and other colleagues
- Able to connect and correlate Essential Skills to the Workplace
Communication / Presentation Skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient in writing reports and business communications
- Able to collaborate with other ES instructors and team members
ESM works in partnership with Workplace Education Manitoba to deliver programs to residents across Manitoba, willingness to travel is an asset.
Please forward your resume, to [email protected] by October 3, 2023.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$54,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: In person