The Town of Ituna is currently accepting applications to fill a Casual Public Works Position. This position offers many unique opportunities to advance through multiple avenues, competitive wage schedules, and training opportunities. Applicants must possess a minimum Grade 12 education and a willingness to obtain water and waste water operator certificates plus other training and certificates needed to perform the various duties required by the job.
Preference will be given to applicants who possess any of the following:
- Water and wastewater operator certificates
- Post-secondary trade certificates
- Heavy equipment operator certificates
Job description and expected duties:
- Operate water treatment and distribution system, sewage treatment and collection facilities and take part in on call rotation.
- Operate heavy equipment – grader, street sweeper, skid steer, mowers, etc.
- On-the-job training will be provided as required.
Please Include your cover letter, resume, drivers abstract and criminal record check.
The Town of Ituna works in a team environment and cross trains its employees to perform multiple duties.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Public Works: 1 year (Preferred)
- Water Treatment Plant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver's License (Preferred)