Minken Employment Lawyers is the first and oldest employment law firm in York Region. We provide expert legal services on a full range of Canadian workplace issues. As a boutique firm, we practice employment law exclusively and have over 30 years of experience in guiding both employers and employees.
We have an opening for an Intermediate/Senior Employment Law Clerk/Legal Assistant. We will also consider recent graduates of a college Law Clerk program with a high GPA and professional or customer service experience, a member of ILCO or working towards receiving a Certificate.
Our ideal candidate will be a team player with superior communication and interpersonal skills, have an excellent level of knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure and Employment Standards, and enjoy a fast-paced professional team environment with close client contact.
The core competencies for this position are:
- Ability to take direction and initiative, as well as work independently following instructions with minimal supervision
- Compassion and positive attitude towards people experiencing difficulties in their personal life
- Attention to detail, accuracy and analytical skills
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong problem solving ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Client care
- Responsibility of maintaining files in top order from beginning to end in accordance with LSO requirements and internal procedures
- Preparation of litigation documentation (Motion Records, Briefs, Affidavits of Documents, etc.)
- Booking and coordinating of meetings, court attendances, mediations, etc.
- Effective management of deadlines, schedules, and priorities
- Research and downloading cases in preparation for internal meetings and client files
- Docketing, billings, account receivables, and payment processing tasks in accordance with LSO regulations and office policy and procedures
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Client Services: 5 years (Required)
- Legal: 2 years (Required)
- Ontario Driver's Licence (Required)