Carpenter responsibilities include:
· Plans, organizes, schedules, supervises, and inspects the work of skilled and semi-skilled subordinates engaged in repair, alteration, and construction project work requiring the services of carpenters, brick masons, and locksmiths. THIS IS A HANDS ON ROLE, you will be on the tool.
· Inspects buildings or other structures and items reported to be in need of repair; considers need for repair and estimated time and materials; requisitions materials and supplies.
· Establishes standards for safety and performance for subordinates and inspects quantity and quality of work against these standards.
· Lays out work as specified in drawings and blue prints.
· Maintains and reports material, labor, and time costs.
· Performs related work as required.
· Reading blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
· Taking measurements and calculating the size and amount of material needed
· Cutting, shaping and smoothing lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements
We are looking for a qualified Carpentry Foreman to plan, organize, schedule, supervise, and inspect the work of skilled and semi-skilled subordinates.
A carpenter is an individual with great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials.
Inspects buildings or other structures and items reported to be in need of repair; considers need for repair and estimated time and materials; requisitions materials and supplies.
Establishes standards for safety and performance for subordinates and inspects quantity and quality of work against these standards.
Lays out work as specified in drawings and blue prints.
Maintains and reports material, labor, and time costs.
Performs related work as required.
The goal is to contribute to the construction and maintenance of strong and long-lasting buildings and products.
· Proven experience as carpenter
· Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
· Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
· Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
· Ability to read technical documents and drawings
· Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
· Good understanding of basic math
· Good physical condition and endurance
Valid G2/G Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle
Thorough knowledge of the standard methods, equipment, materials, tools, and practices of the trades. Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the construction trades.
Ability to effectively supervise skilled workers.
Ability to interpret and work from penciled sketches, drawings, plans, and blue prints.
Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Ability to make and project material and labor estimates.
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and other university personnel.
Skill in the use of standard tools and equipment of the trades.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$40.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- carpentry: 3 years (preferred)