Overall Purpose: Under the direction of the Manager: Outreach and the Supervisor: Programs, the Coordinator: Humane Education is responsible for coordinating and delivering Ottawa Humane Society (OHS) humane education activities.
Professional Responsibilities include:
- Be aware of and make use of community resources
- Develop and deliver workshops for children, youth, adults and other professionals
- Design, write and publish OHS educational materials
- Train, supervise and coordinate volunteers
- Coordinate OHS special events and activities
- Seek and maintain partnerships in the community to further program and OHS goals
- Seek funding opportunities to further department and OHS goals
Education, Experience and Skills:
- 2 to 3 year post-secondary graduation degree or diploma
- Experience in group facilitation
- Experience in planning and program development
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills remove
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook add
- Demonstrated excellent customer service, crisis management and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated excellent teamwork abilities
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English are required
- Bilingualism (English/French) is preferred
Essential duties and working conditions:
- Employment is conditional upon maintaining a valid driver’s license and access to an automobile
- Employees may be required to work flexible hours
- Employment is conditional upon the ability to work around all species of animals safely
- Employment is conditional upon maintaining confidentiality of OHS information
The Ottawa Humane Society is an equal opportunity employer. The OHS offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by the OHS regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $21.40-$26.06 per hour
Health and safety is the number one cultural value at the Ottawa Humane Society. Our processes have been updated regularly in step with OPH recommendations and best practices.
- Group Facilitation: 1 year (Required)
- Program Development: 1 year (Required)