Established in 1992, EDC Associates Ltd. based in Calgary, is Alberta’s leading independent energy-consulting firm, that provides consulting services with respect to Energy Pricing, Generation Economic Development, Energy Procurement & Management, Regulatory & Legal Consulting, Electric Industry Training and Electric Industry Data.
We are looking for an experienced and creative Social Media Analyst who will be responsible for developing and implementing our social media strategy in order to increase our online presence and improve our marketing and sales efforts. The successful candidate will work directly and report to the Marketing and Sales Manager.
If you’re a tech-savvy professional with interest in the latest trends in digital technologies, we would like to meet you.
Pay is based upon experience with opportunity of advancement and growth.
- Previous work experience as a Social Media Analyst,Social Media Coordinator or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with multiple social media platforms and digital marketing campaigns.
- In-depth understanding of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Experience with social media management tools, like Buffer and Hootsuite or similar.
- Ability to identify target audience preferences and trends.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Time management and multitasking skills
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Collaborate with other departments to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions.
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Able to work independently and complete projects or tasks without direct supervision.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development andSEO
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Fluency in English
- BS in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, New Media or similar.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $24.00 /hour