Contract Posting #: SD 0742020ED
Posting Date: May 22, 2020
Open Until Filled
Grade 10 - 12 B.C. Certified Educators (Part-time contract)
Team: SelfDesign Learning Community
Summary of the Opportunity:
SelfDesign Learning Community is seeking experienced, passionate and innovative online educators (grade 10-12) for the 2020-21 learning year for the following subjects:
Social Studies; PE/Health; Visual Arts; Drama
Candidates must have a valid B.C. Teaching Certificate and may apply for one or more areas depending on the nature of their qualifications and experience.
SelfDesign Learning Community offers personalized learning in an online, distributed learning environment. Our unique learning philosophy and methodology is accessible on our website at selfdesign.org.
We operate during Pacific time zone school hours, Monday to Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. Our learning year is September to June.
As a SelfDesign Educator, you set your own hours of work aligned with the school hours and learning year noted above. You may also need to be available for occasional online meetings during these same hours. Meetings are scheduled in advance.
Contract start date: August 1, 2020
Contract end date: July 31, 2021
Remuneration: Contract fees commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To Respond to this opportunity, read the contract details below.
Email a cover letter and your resume.
In yourcover letter, please detail:
- Why you are interested in this opportunity.
- Your availability, particularly if you have other commitments.
- Demonstrated evidence (examples) of the competencies you possess relative to the ones listed in the contract details section of the posting.
- Your successful track record providing services similar to our request.
We look forward to receiving your response. Responses will be reviewed as they are received.
You will work at the direction of the Principal and the Educational Program team.
- Development and facilitation of grades 10-12 theme-based, subject-specific workshops and/or add-on course workshops.
- Facilitation of specialized, subject-specific learning workshops and assessment for grades 10-12.
- Communication (oral and written)
- Computer and internet literate
- English language proficiency
Qualifications and Experience:
- Valid non-restricted B.C. Teaching Certification.
- Demonstrated experience in distributed/online learning environments.
- Demonstrated experience helping learners find real world and interdisciplinary connections across subject areas.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
- If you are offered and accept this contract opportunity, you will need to:
- Take the SelfDesign online privacy and security fundamentals courses (approximately 1 hour per course).
- Complete educator orientation sessions and modules specific to the role (approximately 25 hours).
The SelfDesign Learning Foundation (SDLF) is a registered charity and non-profit organization that operates several programs including one of the largest distributed learning schools and personalized learning programs in British Columbia, SelfDesign Learning Community. Funded by the B.C. Ministry of Education, SelfDesign enables learners to complete K-12 by exploring their passions and taking the lead in their own learning and life. With personalized guidance from B.C. certified educators, learning unfolds at home and within local and online communities.
Working with us:
Everyone who works with SelfDesign works remotely using online technology.
We provide access and support for our main applications:
- Google Suite for Education (gmail, drive, docs, and sheets)
- Zoom for video meetings/conferencing
You provide and use:
- Your own securely set-up computer
- Reliable and secure internet connectivity
- Your own workspace in an environment that ensures privacy, security and confidentiality.
Learn more at www.selfdesign.org and read our SelfDesign Strategic Plan 2018-2021.
Reference ID: Contract Posting #SD 0742020ED
Job Types: Part-time, Contract