CAD Operator / NPI Technician
MRO Electronic Supply is an ISO 9001 certified custom cable assembly manufacturer specializing in over-molded cable assemblies for harsh environments and a distributor of industrial electronic components. We specialize in service to a number of industries, including Oil & Gas, Mining, Agriculture, Automotive, Telecom and Military. We take pride in our history and growth (established in 1991, currently 100+ employees), as well as our commitment to quality and customer service.
Do you find great joy in being a team player who enjoys creating detailed AutoCAD drawings and being directly involved and the introduction of a wide range of custom manufacturing projects? This is a blend (cross-trained) position involving both the AutoCAD design and the introduction of new products into volume production by defining requirements and driving technical solutions for problems encountered during the proto/pilot phase of the product.This is a great opportunity for someone eager to work in a challenging, innovative technical environment.
Why work at MRO?
- Job security in a growing company
- Opportunity for advancement
- Great culture - our employees enjoy a positive work-life balance while thriving in an environment that is ever-changing and motivated by new and exciting challenges.
- We offer competitive compensation & benefits package with health spending account & EFAP program
CAD Operator Functions:
The key mission of this job to createdetailed technical drawings for building and manufacturing custom cable assemblies by using computer-assisted design and drafting software programs, while ensuring adherence to established specifications and standards. The job also requires the following:
- Revise drawings and markups appropriately to support production assemblers
- Develop utility standards and work methodologies
- Maintain and update electronic drawings and their related documents
- Compile and organize blocks, parts and specific details
- Update equipment and building drawings and documents
- Track and monitor engineering and design changes
- Develop layouts, drawings and designs
- Ensure compliance of drafting and engineering standards
NPI Technician Functions:
The key mission of this job is the introduction of new products into volume production by defining requirements, reviewing designs and driving technical solutions for problems encountered during the proto/pilot phase of the product. The job also requires the following:
- Act as link between Suppliers, Engineering and Manufacturing team when new products are released
- Support the team during new design reviews by representing manufacturing and suppliers
- Diagnostic troubleshooting, rework/repair of non-conforming manufactured products and production equipment
- Perform revision updates, rework or repair per approved disposition using a variety of tools and soldering equipment
- Prepare and manage documentation of parts and products
- Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the Quality System
- Maintain a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions
- Report problems with quality, processes, equipment and materials to Production Supervisor
- Assemble and test product using various electro-mechanical production equipment
- Effectively communicating with diverse group of people; demonstrating comfort navigating language barriers
- Post-secondary and/or technical school education is highly desirable with emphasis on electrical and/or electronic disciplines.
- Minimum two years of electrical/electronics technical knowledge and experience
- Minimum of two years of progressive CAD experience; standards, PC application software and drafting/engineering practices and methods
- Familiarity with, and understanding of engineering concepts and terminology is a necessary job requirement
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (2014 or newer version)
- Must be able to work with either verbal direction and/or from engineering sketches/calculations to produce an acceptable work product with minimal supervision
- Good balance of theoretical and practical experience and "hands on" in a manufacturing and production environment
- Experience using test equipment
- Soldering experience considered a strong asset
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Great time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
Provide hands on job function training to coworkers as needed. Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach within hands and arms length, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch. Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Mon - Fri
AM Shift: 8:00-4:30pm
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- CAD: 2 years (Required)