- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of experience in at least one modern programming language, such as Java or C++
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
Do you want to join a new team of engineers who are using technology to solve some of the most complex problems faced by a growing Virtual Workforce?
Virtual Customer Service (VCS) Technology builds tools, services and platforms to automate, scale and reduce risk associated with a variety of strategies to grow the business-critical work-from-home part of the organization. You will have the opportunity to build game changing products, and rely on data science and machine learning to transfer your ideas into solutions for some of the most challenging technical problems in the next generation of remote workforce technology. You will drive automation, use Alexa technology and gamification principles, pilot new concepts fast, and leverage data to build ML models for real-time and large scale offline use-cases.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our team to develop and deploy innovative technologies and features to thousands of global users. Members of this team have a high degree of fluency in one or more languages and tools. They work with an unwavering focus on simplicity and performance. As a Software Development Engineer, you will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
- Be responsible for sub-system architecture and development for product initiatives and feature development
- Investigate, prototype and deliver innovative system solutions
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
- Work side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on challenging problems
- Be highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities.
- Take great pride to innovate on new products that are used by millions of users
- Understand what's important when releasing software to end users and have been through the process from start to finish
- Be comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shy away from a challenge
We offer an abundance of opportunities to have an impact, work with and learn about cutting edge tools and technologies in cloud computing, distributed systems, data processing platforms and machine learning.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
- Fluency in Java and core Java classes
- Deep experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly-available systems
- Analytical abilities, proven design skills and a track record of delivery
- Communication skills for both a technical and business audience
- Eagerness to deeply understand the goals and challenges of customer service operations
- Experience with web services and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) a plus
- Linux experience a plus
- Agile experience a plus