The D&W Group Inc. is a progressive four store retail agricultural/construction equipment dealer complex established in 1950. We sell and service world class products to a diverse customer base in an area encompassing Norfolk, Haldimand and Brant counties and Niagara region. Our headquarters are located at our Jarvis store, about 40 kms southwest of Hamilton Ontario. The Group Accountant will be responsible for all accounting functions, asset management and monthly reports for shareholders and senior management. With a rich history, strong customer loyalty and support our future is bright. The selected candidate with become acquainted with the business and industry specific software under the guidance of the incumbent Group Accountant. If you feel you have the necessary experience and desire to become an integral part of our leadership team we need to hear from you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Managing all accounting functions and personnel.
- Asset management.
- Oversee company-wide payroll.
- Provide clear and concise performance analysis for shareholders and department managers.
- Monthly inventory and labour analysis.
- Provide input and leadership in company strategic direction.
Qualifications and Skills
- CPA(CA) designation preferably within the retail or commercial/wholesale sectors.
- 7 - 10 years experience preferred but will consider someone with fewer years on the job.
- Detailed and well organised.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Able to interact with all types of people and present information in an easily understood format.
Salary will be determined commensurate with experience. Relocation assistance will be considered. We offer a full suite of benefits including health, dental, vision care and life insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 7 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- CPA, CA or like designation (Required)
- English (Preferred)