Are you looking for meaningful, rewarding casual work with industry leading pay rates and a wide array of benefits and perks? Look no further. At Community Living North Halton, we offer all of our casual employees:
· An inclusive work environment
· Gratifying work that has a positive impact on your community
· Access to paid trainings (CPR/First Aid, Safe Management, NVCI/CPI etc.)
· Ability to work a flexible schedule with numerous weekly shifts while maintaining a work-life balance
· Employee recognition events
· Employee referral program
· The ability to apply to various internal part-time and full-time postings once hired, which have benefits including:
o Part-Time Employees:
- Pay in lieu of benefits
- Competitive Extended Health Benefit Coverage, Dental Plan, and Life Insurance (if regularly working over 20 hours per week)
o Full-Time Employees
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death or Dismemberment Insurance
- Competitive Extended Health Benefit Coverage
- Competitive Dental Plan
- Ability to participate in our 2.5% employer matched Registered Retirement Savings Plan
We invite you to join us on our mission to provide supports and services to individuals with developmental disabilities and to enhance their personal growth and inclusion in the community by applying to our available casual positions in various programs throughout our organization.
· Diploma in Social Services (DSW, SSW, CYW) or University Degree in Social Sciences. Related experience preferred. Will consider equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Demonstrated commitment to CLNH Mission, Vision and Values.
· Demonstrated ability to facilitate and support Person Centered Planning and Daily Activity Schedules
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with families
· Must be comfortable working in a video monitored home
· Knowledge and experience in supporting individuals with Autism / Dual Diagnosis / Mental Health disorders
· Able to support individuals in their daily physical activities – this position requires highly active individuals and to be comfortable in all activities (such as swimming; hiking; gymnastics)
· Demonstrated ability and willingness to drive any of the agency vehicles.
· Demonstrated experience & flexibility in providing supports to individuals with challenging aggressive behaviours; ability to perform all techniques taught in Safe Management
· Demonstrated commitment in implementing communication and behavioural support plans
· Commitment in involving people to become more involved in their communities
· Demonstrated experience through Core Competencies
· Experience & flexibility to work in different areas across the Association
· This requires the successful candidate to have a valid Ontario Driver’s License. The successful candidate would have to provide proof that s/he has a valid driver’s license upon being hired.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarions with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Community Living North Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect to any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual