Energize your day knowing everything you do makes someone's life better. Join our team as a field technician (our term for delivery technicians) at SelfCare Home Health Products Ltd. and feel good about the work you do.
- Company supplied van and tools
- Full time
- Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
SelfCare Home Health Products Ltd. , a leading supplier of medical equipment in the lower Mainland, has an opening for a full time field technician at our Surrey location at Unit 4, 17675 66th Ave where you join 15 other employees. SelfCare has 3 other locations; Vancouver, Tri-Cities and North Vancouver. The Surrey location is serviced by transit and your transit pass is reimbursed.
Looking for variety? Our field technicians provide delivery service from our store to our customers at their homes. Our deliveries include installing and adjusting the medical equipment for the customer and instructing the person, family and caregivers on how to use the equipment properly. Some minor repairs on walkers or wheelchairs are also required in the field. Always part of a team, you are working in collaboration with our seating and mobility sales consultants and client care co-ordinators to meet the needs of our customers. One to one training on all aspects of the equipment will be provided.
Here’s what we offer you:
- Love what you do every day. There’s no better job than helping people.
- Great co-workers. Each SelfCare location has a great team and, even as we grow, we still enjoy potluck lunches and celebrate our successes together.
- Laughter and fun at work. Laughter is healthy and makes for a more productive workplace.
- The opportunity to work hard. That’s what we do, every day.
- Work for a growing and thriving company. SelfCare is a part the National Seating & Mobility, one of the largest rehab equipment suppliers in North America. There are many opportunities for growth no matter where you start out.
- An exciting industry; home health care industry is really interesting. There are always new and innovative things happening. This keeps the job fresh no matter how long you’ve worked here.
Here’s what we need from you:
- Power tool experience.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Experience with medical equipment is valuable.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Fantastic attention to detail.
- Proven system for organizing and prioritizing daily tasks.
- Creative trouble shooter and problem solver.
- General computer skills for email and online research for parts
- Ability to start your day at 8:30 and end at 5. There's no overtime or evenings.
Here’s what your typical day as a service technician will look like:
- Working with the instore client care coordinators to review the day's paperwork
- Delivery, pick-up and installation of medical equipment, including proper set up for customers including home care hospital beds, walkers, bath lifts, grab bars, etc. in Surrey, Langley and as far east as Abbotsford
- Checking to make sure equipment is in proper repair & all the parts are received back when equipment is returned from rental
- Helping to keep the warehouse organized
- Assisting in receiving supplier and interbranch shipments and notifying customer service and sales people that the goods have arrived
- Trouble shooting repair issues for customers
- Assisting the warehouse technician when needed with in store cleaning of medical equipment
- Advising your manager of problems with returned rental equipment
- Assisting the senior technician and warehouse technician with parts and other medical equipment stock that we rent and sell
- Learning new products to help identify equipment and components by attending in-store training sessions, reviewing product literature and receive other out of store training on new products and services
Excellent benefits include:
- Competitive wage based on experience
- Monthly transit pass reimbursement.
- Extended benefits, including prescriptions, long term disability, and life insurance.
- Health Spending Account, providing an additional, wider range of health benefits (like weight loss, quit smoking, etc.)
- Wellness Spending Account for gym memberships, fitness, yoga, etc.
- Company-wide monthly bonus up to $300 per month
- Company sponsored RRSP savings plan
Please reply with your expected wage rate.Wages are negotiable based on your qualifications and related experience. Your standard work week is 40 hours.
Send your resume and covering letter to the attention of Aidan Tan. If you are selected for an interview, a drivers abstract will be required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Medical equipment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- delivery: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)
- and write fluent English (Preferred)