Tribute Communities is an award-winning builder with over 35 years’ experience who has built more than 30,000 homes and condominium suites across the GTA.
Tribute has won many awards for our workmanship and dedication to service, but also for our business practices which were recognized with the Desjardins Award for Large Business from the Ontario Chamber of Commerce.
IT Helpdesk Support Specialist
We are looking for a Level 1-2 IT Helpdesk Support Specialist (On/Off-Site) to join our Operations team located at our Corporate offices in Pickering, Ontario. Servicing head office, décor studio and approximate 10 to 15 offices across the GTA.
Reporting to the Director of IT, this role will provide maintenance of the Desktop/Tablet environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT Helpdesk. S/he will be responsible for administration and on/off-site support of the Company’s PCs, printers, mobile devices, and related equipment. Tasks include end-user support, user/ ISP account management, performing PC maintenance, upgrades, and configurations. The ideal candidate will have a mix of technical and customer service skills, and be passionate about technology and helping people.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide initial technical assistance and support via e-mail, telephone, remote desktop and in person for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Perform daily maintenance of IT systems.
- Walk representatives through troubleshooting IT issues. Follow up to ensure issues have been resolved.
- Install, modify, test, and repair computer peripherals (mice, keyboards, monitors, etc.).
- Help move and set up new work stations. Test workstations and dependent components, and ensure they are functional.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software updates & security settings, software licenses and consumables such as printer toner.
- Correspond with external consultants for repairs and service including Rogers/Bell internet, cable, and printers, etc.
- Document internal procedures for future reference.
- Provide initial training for staff, and also assist and guide in escalating helpdesk tickets
- 70% on-site duty at head-office, and 30% off-site duty for 10-15 offices
- New IT graduate is welcome
- 1-3 years of IT tech support experience is preferable, not exceeding 5 years
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to explain technical terms in plain English to end-users
- PC hardware, Printers, scanners, computer peripherals, Mobile devices (iOS)
- PC connectivity - Ethernet, Rogers/Bell modem/Router and VPN, Windows Terminal Services, remote desktop application such as TeamViewer
- Familiar with Windows10, Office 2016/2019/365 and OWA
- Familiar with file sharing, such as OneDrive and FTP
- Familiar with wireless security and mesh.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record and be willing to travel within the GTA
- Ability to lift 15 lb IT supply in a box
Acquired, or working towards the education completion requirements of:
· CompTIA A+, Network+ or similar
· Cisco CCNA or similar
· Microsoft Desktop Certifications
· Microsoft Server Certifications
Tribute Communities will ensure special accommodations are made for persons with disabilities, as requested, during the selection process. Accessible formats of this document are available free upon request.
Contract length: 6-12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Pickering, ON (Preferred)