Accounting Clerk / General Bookkeeper - Industrial Construction & Maintenance
Salary: $47,500 - 55,000
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Permanent Full-Time Position - Monday to Friday - Flexible Hours
Currently seeking an Accounting Clerk / General Bookkeeper to assist our Accounting team and will be reporting directly to our Senior Controller. This position will involve preparing/generating accounting reports, data entry of accounting information, and preparation for month-end Financial Statements as well as year-end reports. This role may also include some data entry, AR/AP, Collections, invoicing, Account reconciliation, and assisting other departments when required.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Input and maintaining financial records
- Review of Supplier invoices for Accuracy - Also looking for available discounts and savings when possible
- Approve coding of invoices and entering information into the accounting system
- Cheque runs, electronic payments, and bank Deposits and preparing supplier payments.
- Reconciliation of accounts and preparing statements for external auditors at year-end.
- Producing monthly budget and sales reports
- Bookkeeping (day to day) and journal entries
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly financial statements, cash flow reports, and financial analyses
- Preparation of GST/PST Returns
- Investigate variances in general accounting, reporting, budgets, and internal controls; identify measures to resolve variances
- Min 2 years experience in a similar accounting role, preferably within an industrial operation, manufacturing, fabrication or similar type environment
- Strong knowledge of Canadian financial standards
- Team Player and able to wear many hats and assist in various areas of the company
- Strong communications skills internally within the company but also outside (clients, suppliers, etc)
Position to start immediately
Contact: Julie - Senior Recruiter
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $47,500.00 - $55,000.00 per year
Distance from other employees given (mostly working out of individual enclosed offices) and no public access into office/Facility.
- bookkeeping: 3 years (Required)
- General Accounting: 3 years (Required)