About Penny Appeal Canada
Penny Appeal Canada is a relief organization with a really BIG vision for the world. We want to create the best societies we can and to break the cycles of need and poverty for good. That’s why we work to turn small change into a BIG DIFFERENCE. We are a proud member of a global Penny Appeal family that celebrated its 10-year anniversary in 2019. Penny Appeal was first set up to provide poverty relief across Asia, the Middle East, and Africa by offering water solutions, organizing mass feedings, supporting orphan care, and providing emergency food and medical aid. Since then, we have transformed lives and empowered communities around the world and right here at home. Our vision is a world that’s united and strong. Communities working together, supporting one another, leaving need and poverty behind for good.
Penny Appeal Canada’s approach to charity is simple, yet has a massive impact. We make charitable giving affordable and rewardable, ensuring everyone can help those in need by donating just a few pennies, or cents, each day. Penny Appeal Canada is one of the fastest growing charities in Canada.
Position Summary: Penny Appeal Canada is seeking a highly organized and proactive Executive Assistant to support our Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in managing the daily demands of the role while also assisting with various functions across different departments. The Executive Assistant will play a pivotal role in enhancing the CEO’s effectiveness and ensuring the efficient operation of the organization.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the CEO and internal/external stakeholders.
- Manage the CEO's calendar, appointments, and prioritize incoming requests.
- Prepare and coordinate meetings, agendas, and materials.
- Draft, edit, and proofread documents, presentations, and correspondence.
- Conduct research and compile data to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Administrative Efficiency:
- Organize and maintain the files, records, and documents.
- Handle travel arrangements, accommodations, and itineraries.
- Prepare expense reports and ensure adherence to budgetary guidelines.
- Screen phone calls, emails, and inquiries, providing timely responses or redirection as necessary.
- Collaborate with other departments to assist in various functions, such as event planning, marketing, and fundraising initiatives.
- Facilitate communication and coordination between different teams.
- Offer support with data entry, reporting, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Handle sensitive information with the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, communications, or related field preferred.
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or in a similar role.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication abilities.
- Proficiency in office software (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite).
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively under pressure.
- High level of integrity and professionalism.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* (international students are not eligible)
We thank all applicants for their interest in Penny Appeal Canada, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
**This role is based in the GTA with travel to in-person work days 1-3 times per week**