REPORTS TO GENERAL MANAGER
Passion Drives Performance. InnVest succeeds because our people love what we do. Our entire team shares a deep-rooted passion for the world of hospitality & travel that extends far beyond the walls of our offices and hotels.
Our company culture is built on collaboration. A nimble team where everyone has a voice at the table and an opportunity to pursue their passions. Our skill sets are as diverse as our portfolio, but we all have a singular focus: a belief that partnerships deliver the best results, an entrepreneurial approach to decision making, respect for others, a strong sense of integrity and a curiosity to challenge the status quo.
With 81 hotels in our portfolio, representing 18 internationally recognized hotel brands, InnVest is the largest independent owner of hotels in Canada. In addition, our management team oversees the day-to-day activities of almost 70 hotels also making InnVest the largest independent operator of hotels in Canada. InnVest’s portfolio is geographically diverse with hotels from Vancouver, BC to Corner Brook, NF but also experientially diverse from Roadside inns to luxury urban properties.
At InnVest, our mission is simple – to deliver outstanding guest experiences and superior returns on quality hospitality investment. A career at InnVest will provide you with unrivaled opportunities and invaluable exposure to Canada’s largest independently-owned and operated hotel portfolio.
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for performing repairs and preventative maintenance work to ensure all facilities and amenities are in working order and meet Hotel standards.
The duties of the Maintenance Worker include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assists with preventative maintenance including completing Guestroom Preventative Maintenance Checklist, minor repair orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs and patching vinyl to maintain Hotel and keep property quality to standard.
- Applies preparatory materials, paints, and stains to surfaces of walls, ceilings, equipment, and furniture. Prepares and applies appropriate materials to signage and irregular surfaces such as parking lots.
- Applies protective and decorative coats of paint, varnish, lacquer, and/or other related materials to interior and exterior surfaces of buildings, furniture, equipment, and other structures.
- Maintain the exterior of the hotel including but not limited to snow removal and landscaping.
- Checks electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems and makes minor repairs and/or replacements as needed.
- Performs maintenance to electronic locks, telephone systems and fixtures such as pipelines, toilets and sinks.
- Monitor and perform system tests as necessary to the hotel’s fire alarm/life safety system
- Refurbishes furniture and fixtures within guestrooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows, and counters.
- Maintains all tools and equipment in the hotel.
- Handles guest requests, compliments and suggestions in a professional manner.
- Follows all company and job-specific safety policies, and reports any accident and/or hazard immediately.
- Maintains an up-to-date emergency plan. Inspect fire protection systems in accordance with hotel engineering procedures and manufacturers’ recommendations. Complete and keep current evacuation plans for guests and employees.
- Maintains written emergency procedures for fire, power failure, water and gas line ruptures, and severe weather conditions.
- Accompanies inspectors, insurance representatives, the local fire marshal, or other officials on inspections of the property. Maintain copies of all fire inspection reports, both from insurers and fire marshals.
- Maintains a list of primary contractors used in all phases of original hotel construction (plumber, electrician, etc.), as well as those used for any subsequent renovations or repairs. Coordinate and control the activities of contractors and enforce safe work practices.
- Keep accurate completion and task records in the project files.
- Undertakes special projects and other duties as assigned by Management.
COMPETENCIES WE ARE SEEKING:
- High school diploma
- 1-3 years building maintenance experience required, hotel environment preferred
- Painting and plastering experience necessary
- Previous trade (electrical and/or plumbing) experience an asset
- Have and maintain a valid Driver’s License
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with excellent customer service skills
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, safety awareness information, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to write routine reports, keep logs, and correspondence
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Long periods of time spent standing, with frequent bending
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
InnVest Hotels is an inclusive employer. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We appreciate all applications, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Belleville, ON (preferred)
- Have you been employed by InnVest Hotels before? If yes, when was that and at what location?
- maintenance: 1 year (preferred)