Kitsilano Construction and Design Ltd is a fast-growing construction company based in Vancouver for 13 years. We focus on major home revitalization projects, large renovations and new builds. Our design division processed over 50 Building Permits last year alone which is forecast to increase by 25% for 2019.
We are currently looking for an “Office Manager” to help us to manage the day to day administration in the office and business development of the company. Responsibilities include, but are not limited too:
Data entry and administrative work:
The candidate will need to perform daily data entry of all our incoming invoices and ensure payments of external contractors and businesses. This work is estimated to require 20 to 30% of the overall duties and includes. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Daily data entry into QuickBooks
- Writing invoice with QuickBooks
- Maintaining an accurate account payable and receivable within QuickBooks
- Payment of accounts payable (internet, phone, office rent, etc…)
- Following up with clients on accounts receivable.
The candidate will be required to participate in the development and implementation of Marketing Strategy. This is a major prerequisite for this position. The time commitment is estimated to require 20 to 30% of the overall work. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating meetings and activities of all external Marketing Trades involved in the success of the company’s marketing strategy (eg. graphic designers, videographer, website designer, print shops etc).
- Quality control of marketing material will be required.
- Maintaining our company Facebook page, Instagram, and other online marketing tools.
- Creating marketing events such as Block Party, Broadway Greek festival, BC Home and Garden Show, Buildex, etc…
- Ordering marketing material with our logo such as balloons, pens, business cards, fridge magnets, etc…
- Sourcing balloon twister and face painting artist for marketing events.
- Being on charge or being the right hand of certain marketing event
A major requirement for this position is the management of the office and assure support for its operations. This work requires a superior sense of organization, neatness and resourcefulness. The applicant will be required to evaluate our existing office procedure and develop or adjust new office practice with the senior staff. This work is expected to be overseen daily or as required.
- Insuring that our staff as all the required tools to perform their work efficiently
- Coordinating the cleaners schedule, ordering office supply, preparing the boardroom for client meetings, watering the plants,
- Ensuring that the office is organized, orderly and functional
- Developing and enforcing office procedure
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings
- Train office staff with new office procedure
Customer relations are an important element of the position. We deeply value our customers and the candidate should reflect a strong customer service ethic. Regular follow up with our clients will be expected, addressing their concerns and responding to their needs. Face to face meetings are also a requirement of the position. The candidate should present professionally in both attitude and attire (including wearing company uniform). Other tasks include but are not limited to:
- Contacting our clients to insure the quality of our services
- Answering client’s questions related to their invoices
- Updating our clients on our next events
- Purchase of gift to our clients for different occasion (Birthday, Christmas, project completion, etc…)
- Occasionally meeting with the clients on site or at our office
- Maintaining contact list
- Organize conferences
Helping our Project managers:
It is not unusual from time to time that our project managers (PMs) become overwhelmed with their project. Thus, the position would periodically be required to help the PM with their project by:
- Contacting building material suppliers to order material
- Communicating with sub-trades, designers, architects and clients
- Obtaining documentation required from diverse organization
- Obtaining information via web search, phone calls, office archive search, etc…
- Scheduling with our courier when needed
- Willing to take on extra tasks as required
The candidate will oversee composition of all types of office documents. The candidate should be fluent in English and have professional writing skills. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Email newsletter,
- Proofing of other team members text
- Articles to be publish on our website
- Letter to our clients
Office software programs requirement:
The position requires the use of multiple computer programs. The applicant must be skilled with computers use since it is the essential of the work. The ability to resolve computer issues is a must. If the issue is greater that the applicants understanding, the applicant must be able to find a solution on their own by any meaning such as, but not limited to, asking a co-worker, calling a friend to ask to advise, look up on Google, calling “Geek squad” or any other computer expert, etc.…
The applicant must be efficient in the following program:
- MS Office Application, Words, Excel, PowerPoint, (Intermediate Level)
- QuickBook “Online” version, (Expert Level)
- Facebook, Instagram, Linked In (Intermediate Level)
- Builder Trend, PDF Editor, Outlook, Sketch up, Photoshop (Bonus Point)
Working hours flexibility:
The position requires an average of 40 hours per week. Some flexibility in work hours is permitted however, there are limitations to this as the position requires collaboration with other team members. Thus, the candidate will be expected to a work under contract which will include an averaging agreement stipulating the above.
Essential Qualities of the Candidate:
- Self Starter
- Attention to Detail
- Team Player
- Positive and Professional Attitude
- Good Time Management
- Goal oriented
- Desire to Learn (including participating in courses required for position)
Kitsilano Construction has a best benefits plan for you and your family (health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, more) which is available through our membership with the Greater Vancouver House Builders Association (GVHBA).
Pet friendly office:
Our office enjoys the presence of a 2 year old golden retriever and we are open to welcoming a well behaved, house trained friend For Jenny.
Starting salary will be $42,000/y which will rise to $52,000/y after the successful completion of a three month trial period. Annual year end bonuses are possible depending on company profitability and achievement of company goals.
If you are a dynamic person with a doer type of attitude and looking for a long term experienced with our company, you need to apply.
- Clean Driving licence (car is a Bonus) and willing to drive company car or Car-2-go
- No smoking during working hours or paid work-related event
- 2-5 years experience in marketing as per described above
- 2-5 years experience with administrative work as per described above
- English spoken and written
How to apply:
Do not call the office. The application should be done strictly by Email
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 /hour
- quickbooks: 1 year (Required)