VENUS Beauty Supplies Ltd. is seeking a field sales representative to join our successful and diverse sales team! Since 1977, we’ve been a leading wholesaler in the professional beauty industry, servicing an audience of over 10,000 salons, barber shops and spas across Ontario. Visit venusbeauty.com (@venusbeautys) for our full story.
Our success is attributed to the dedication and longevity of our existing 60+ staff. We further support our customers with (5) Wholesale Stores & Post-Educational Classrooms and a full-size Academy at our Mississauga head office (near Pearson Airport). Our manufacturers continually support our customers & sales staff with on-going technical support, education, and brand management. The sales team has access to multiple support staff, information portals, dashboards and more – help is always around the corner.
Our sales team is just as diverse as our customer base; youthful, have an appreciation for fashion, enjoy working with creative personalities and watching small businesses grow with their leadership.
As a field representative, you will manage and service a well-established territory in the region of TORONTO Central, Ontario, Canada.
- Travel, meet and develop relationships with customers daily
- Support and process customer orders (hair colour, retail products, tools and more)
- Promote new products, promotions, savings opportunities and merchandising materials
- Promote technical/educational brand support provided by our manufacturer partners
*Full details provided during interviewing process & onboarding process
- (3) years of Field Sales Experience
- Ability to work from a home office
- Excellent communication skills (written/presentation/oral)
- Proficient skills using MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Teams)
- Experience with CRM software an asset
- Knowledge of small business retail and service operations environment
- Ability to analyze sales, financial and inventory reports to adapt to a suitable selling approach
- Ability to balance tasks in a time conscious manner, while achieving coverage goals
- Ability to use social media (IG, FB) as a sales/relationship building tool
- Ability to promote luxury products vs. low priced products
- Value the importance of marketing, branding and merchandising at the retail level
- Live within 45minutes of the territory (ideally)
- Able to attend sales meetings in Mississauga 3-4 times a year (currently Zoom meetings)
- Able to travel by air, occasionally outside of Canada for industry events and/or sales incentives
- Ontario Driver’s License with an excellent driving record
- Reliable and fully insured vehicle
- Ability to lift and carry 40Lbs/18kg
- Ability to work 40 hours average per week / 2–3-week cycle for customer visits
- Willing and able to adhere to our current and ongoing Ontario Public Health recommendations to safely interact with customers, staff and others (respecting that the ‘personal services’ industry is very disciplined in this area).
COMPENSATION & SUPPORT
- $65K to 90K (guarantee/commission/no cap)
- Flexible hours
- Health/dental and long-term disability (after 3 months)
- PC Tablet and sales software
- Mobile Phone Plan (choice to transfer your existing number)
- Monthly Sales Sample Account
- Daily “Automated” Sales Reporting (9) categories (reduced paperwork)
- Sales Incentives (Gift Cards, Money and/or travel)
- T2200 Declaration of Conditions of Employment Form provided at the end of each tax year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Do you live within a 45-minute drive to downtown Toronto (Yonge Street)?
- sales: 3 years (preferred)