Gap Wireless is a leading distributor of Wireless Infrastructure, Test & Measurement Equipment, Coax, Fiber & Datacom Networking Solutions, and Drone Defense solutions is looking for an experienced Administrative Operations Manager to contribute to our company’s sales and growth objectives.
As part of the senior management team and reporting to the Vice President & General Manager, you’ll be working closely with and directly supervising the admin department, warehouse, and logistics teams. The Administrative Operations Manager's responsibilities include managing the functions below and ensuring timely delivery of products for our customers. In addition, the expectation is you will be become proficient in our ERP system and drive continuous process improvement in all operational systems:
- Order Entry & Order Quality Control
- Inventory Management
- Accountable for managing the front office Administrative team including:
- Assignment of daily job tasks.
- Maintains reports and provides data analysis of individual and team performance.
- On-going understanding of workforce skillset gaps and launching development plans to address gaps.
- Provide an environment to sustain a highly functioning and motivated team in a fast-paced, high order volume environment
- Liaison between Administrative Operations workforce and HR in required situations
- Accountable for detailing reporting on various departmental metrics related to sales orders, procurement, warehouse, inventory utilization.
- Ensuring order entry and procurement staff follow company procurement processes, controls, and policies
- Monitoring incoming order inventory requirements and adjust stock levels in coordination with Product Line Managers to ensure minimum quantity-on-hand levels are maintained
- Maintaining master order schedule to ensure timely follow-up procedures are undertaken to meet all target ship dates
- Release reviewed and approved purchase orders to suppliers
- Facilitate purchasing transaction activities ensuring that company purchasing controls are in place and transactions are in compliance with corporate policies
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Managing the staff in charge of execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organization, ensuring accurate budgets, well-organized schedules & routes.
- Maintain paperless environment adding all backup and relevant documents to the SAP B1 attachment system
- Ensure timely communication within the department, company, and other stakeholders
- Deliver briefs, updates, and reports as and when required.
- Participate in weekly L-10 Leadership Management meetings.
- Host weekly L-10 Administrative Operations meetings.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Ability to Supervise
- Adaptable to fast paced change
- 3-5 years related experience
- Ability to demonstrate an extremely high level of proficiency with ERP systems such as SAP B1 or similar such as Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate an extremely high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to demonstrate an extremely high level of proficiency with Team eMail and Message handling systems routing tasks to workgroups and teams
- Distribution experience required
- Familiar with challenges around Inbound logistics
- Familiar with challenges around International purchasing
- University or College degree/diploma in a Business Administration program
- Willingness to learn and accept new challenges
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work to meet deadlines and multiple demands
We offer a friendly, innovative, and collaborative work environment in Mississauga, ON. Our talented team drives our success, and we support everyone in fulfilling their potential.
Gap Wireless is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You must have all the experience listed above to qualify. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, military or veteran status, and other characteristics protected under federal, state, and local law.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Reference ID: 09142021-AOM
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $56,296.00-$95,326.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- administrative operations manager: 3 years (preferred)
- receptionist: 1 year (preferred)