We are a growing, family-run company focusing on residential tree-care and tree removals in Ottawa. Our goal is to deliver excellent customer service while maintaining a safe, friendly and inclusive work environment. For more information about us, please visit our website at timotree.com
We are looking for a reliable, conscientious and hard-working ground worker for the coming season (March, 2021). This ground worker will support the work of a climbing arborist through a variety of tasks, including:
- Rigging: manning rigging and tag lines to ensure controlled descent of branches.
- Climber Assistance: sending tools, water and other items up to the climber.
- Cleanup: cutting up branches and logs and either feeding them through a chipper or loading them into a truck. Also, loading and unloading equipment.
These tasks are physically demanding. The applicant must be in good physical health and able to lift heavy objects repeatedly over the course of an 8-12 hour shift.
This position has strong potential for growth. Our business is expanding and we are looking to develop a second crew so we can complete projects at two sites simultaneously. If you show initiative, you could work your way up to managing a crew.
The following are essential prior to training:
- A high school diploma or higher;
- A chainsaw operation certificate; and
- A G driver’s licence or higher as well as a personal vehicle.
The following are assets but not essential:
- ISA certification;
- A degree in arboriculture or forestry; and
- First Aid certification.
You will need to provide:
- Chainsaw pants;
- A helmet with face and ear protection; and
- Steel-toed CSA boots.
- Chainsaws, ropes, rigging equipment;
- Handsaws; and
- Safety glasses.
**If you are interested in the position, please provide a cover letter and a detailed resume**
Job Types: Full-time, Casual, Apprenticeship
Salary: $16.00-$20.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- tree care: 1 year (Preferred)
- arboriculture: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place