***Please upload your resume at Costco.ca***
Description of position
Packs member orders into boxes and transfers items to a separate cart for Cashiers. Performs clean-up, cart retrieval, merchandise restocking and runs for items as directed. Provides a high level of member service.
Daily tasks and responsibilities
- Greet members, helps members load order onto conveyor belt, determines member’s packing preferences, answers questions, relates information on special promotions, thanks members and provides prompt and courteous member service.
- Packs member orders into boxes and loads to a separate cart or flatbed. Checks packaging for tampering. Follows all safety and security procedures. Assists members loading orders into car when appropriate.
- Runs for items such as, merchandise, boxes, register supplies and item numbers as requested by cashiers to keep lines moving smoothly.
- Transfers items not on belt to separate cart or flatbed as cashiers scan them. Follows proper departmental procedures for performance of duties.
- Maintains cleanliness of register area and general front end area. Cleans spills and trip hazards immediately.
- Retrieves carts and flatbeds from parking area using a rope with clasping hook, pushing no more than 8 carts together. Keeps lot area free of debris and sweeps in front of building.
- Performs related tasks such as set up and closing duties for the department such as, returning products, collecting paperwork, stocking registers and cleaning area.
- Operates mechanical trash compactor/cardboard bailer.
- Support the cashier during various promotions.
Non-essential functions and tasks
- Assists in other areas of the warehouse as necessary.
* Typical shifts and days off will be discussed at the time of the interview.
Qualifications (Costco-specific or industry-specific skills that candidates must possess)
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Part-time hours: 25-40 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $16.00-$27.35 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
We follow all bc health covid-19 protocols
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)