About Smoke and Bones BBQ and Catering
Southern BBQ Restaurant and Catering. Full service restaurant with patio and bar. Full service and drop off BBQ catering. From scratch southern style food with a Mexican twist.
Why come to work for us?
- Smoke and Bones BBQ provides a safe, fun, and team based environment.
- Our kitchen will be a great fit for a line cook with experience in a high volume bar or restaurant. We offer the structure of an organized kitchen without the shackles of the corporate big boys.
- Our performance based scheduling system means you only work with people who hold their own weight.
- Our Chef is fully certified with a Red Seal and can help you achieve your own Red Seal certification.
- Enjoy a staff meal every shift
We are open
- Monday - Wednesday: 12PM - 8PM
- Thursday - Sunday: 12PM - 9PM
- Our operating hours means no late nights or early mornings!***
***Catering jobs may require the occasional early morning or late night.
We treat our employees the way they should be:
- Our people are paid well and receive annual pay raises (based on performance)
- Biweekly tip pool sharing
Both a Restaurant and Catering
- Along with the restaurant we bring our BBQ on the road!
- Smoke and Bones does catering events both large and small (from 10 people up to 600). With our massive smokers we are able to easily smoke in large quantities.
- Working for us means experience in both a restaurant and catering services.
$20-$23/hour plus tips and staff meals
Smoke and Bones BBQ is looking for a strong line cook
Hello Friend! We have a rare opening at our House of BBQ for a dedicated, enthusiastic person that is well experienced and passionate about Texas BBQ. Friendly team approach and good work standards are everything.
We are looking for someone to jump over from their current position. If you work in a high volume pub/restaurant and want to break free from the shackles of the corporate big boys give us a call!
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a full service, high volume kitchen
- Basic understanding of food sauces, emulsions, and other culinary basics
- BBQ/Smoking experience is not necessary
- A positive can do attitude
- Ability to have fun during high pressure situations
- Ability to be standing for 8 hours+ at a time
- Able to lift 30 pounds or more
- Schooling and Red Seal Certification are a plus, but not a requirement
- Reliable transportation during all weather and situations (transit is okay)
- Our Chef lives in Vancouver and you can too. Just make sure you can arrive on time each day
- Willingness to assist with catering prep, as well as be presentable to assist at events.
- Must be coachable.
- Understanding of the English language in written and spoken forms
- Ability of work legally within Canada
Unfortunately at this time we can not offer employment to anyone not currently residing within the lower mainland.
You must be available to meet for an in person interview.
Please submit a resume with your application. Only approved candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$23.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
All employees must wear a face covering when inside the restaurant or on a catering site. Face shields are not allowed.
- Culinary: 1 year (preferred)