We are looking for qualified Water & Sewer Foreman to work with our development and replacement crews. The selected candidate will be required to work safely with ground personnel and operators. A minimum of 5 years experience is an asset but not required. The regular shift is from 7AM to 7PM, Monday to Friday and 7AM to 3PM on Saturdays, with Sundays off. We are looking to fill this position ASAP.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Work with superintendent, and project manager in coordinating project and driving production;
· Work with owner/client, engineering consultant, superintendent, and project manager in-field in interpreting contract items, specifications and dealing with issues and concerns that may come up;
· Ensuring quality of work through hands on supervision of crew;
· Use field tracking software to record and submit daily work hours of crew and equipment, as well as tasks and production;
· Performing and documenting hazard assessments, safety meetings and site/progress meetings as required;
· Interpreting and understanding the GS Construction's Safety Manual, and related Occupational, Health and Safety (OH&S) Standards;
· Ensuring crew members follow company rules, policies and safe work practices;
· Ensuring equipment is regularly serviced and maintained by operators;
· Verifying elevations and grades to ensure proper installation if utilities;
· Testing of water lines (pressure, chlorine, bacteria) as required;
· Providing As-Builts of completed work;
· Ensuring proper cleanup of completed projects;
· Other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 5 years of experience in water and sewer construction an asset.
- Experience as foreman or lead hand of water and sewer crew.
- Current drivers license.
- Ability to read and understand engineered drawings and specifications.
- Computer Literacy. Proficient in Microsoft Windows (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- The ability to problem solve, and stay focused in high pressure situations.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills with an ability to delegate tasks clearly and effectively.
- Patience in dealing with new skills training and orientation.
- Ability to work well in a team environment. Must be a team player.
- Willingness to learn, and share ideas.
- Willing to learn and implement GS Construction's core values and processes.
EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING TASKS
- Installing/Benching pour-in-place manholes and pre-benched manholes.
- Laying pipe at grade.
- Installing valves, hydrants, couplings, and other fittings.
- Cutting and beveling PVC pipe.
- Testing and flushing water systems.
- Heavy equipment operation and maintenance.
- Dewatering of trench under different conditions.
- Sloping of ditches under different soil conditions.
- Compaction specifications and requirements under different soil conditions,
- Experience in the proper use of pipe lasers, rotating lasers, and survey equipment.
This job description is meant to outline the general roles and responsibilities but is not exhaustive or all encompassing. Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Successful candidate will be expected to start after interview process.
Job Type: Full-time
- water and sewer: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Edmonton, AB (Required)
- Class 5 (Required)