Örling & Wu
Founded in 2009. Örling & Wu is a lifestyle retailer of contemporary household goods for everyday living. We believe good design should always be relevant, simple and reliable.
Our modest two retail locations offer select goods from coveted producers from all over the world. We believe good design should always be relevant, simple and reliable. The business is built on strong working relationships with people who are passionate, and products that are proven dependable, well made and accessible to the discerning clientele.
About the role
With lots of opportunities for growth in a small team setting, you’ll be working in a beautiful and positive, highly productive retail environment. You are great with products and clients – have an excellent eye for style and attention for details; you are experienced in meeting and exceeding sales targets, and you thrive on teamwork and love to help your fellow team members whenever possible. Wherever you work, you’ll take enormous pride in delivering the world-class standards that make Orling & Wu the definitive shopping destination.
We consider our people to be a great asset and value individuals of high integrity and ethics. Delivering great service means taking every opportunity to build on your product knowledge, understand our services and getting to know the wider store.
You’ll report to your managers and work closely to all of the relevant departments to ensure our store experience and service is at optimum best.
You are deeply connected to the latest trends, design culture and are a sponge for what’s going on in the world around you. You surround yourself with like-minded people and support us in building out a network of strong relationships.
You are confident and accountable, flexible and a natural problem solver. You’ll need proven customer service experience, ideally but not necessarily gained within retail. We’re looking for people who are passionate, customer service orientated, highly self-motivated and keen to learn all you can about your area you could soon be building your career with us.
If you enjoy,
- Using a competitive and positive spirit to meet and exceed assigned sales goals
- Staying up-to-date on the latest design trends and services
- Understanding customer's needs and helping them discover how our products meet their needs
- Multi-tasking in a team environment
- Educating and engaging customers through product demonstrations
- Provide hands-on presentation and design suggestions to clients
- Interacting with customers and providing prompt and courteous customer service to all customers in person, via phone or email
- Building long-term relationships with customers and colleagues
- Keen to help out with other duties of work when asked
Then this may be the job for you…
The successful candidate will be able to perform the following:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 25 pound
- Ability to operate a Mac computer, wireless equipment, printer and scanner
- Ability to process all transactions accurately and efficiently
- Complete all aspects of opening and closing the store in accordance with written procedures without any shortfalls
- Assists with receiving, pricing, and shipping
- Prevent stock loss by being aware of security and relaying any issues to management
- Assists with store maintenance, tidiness, and product organization, and presentation.
- Continuous self-improvement and development
- Continuous learning of related product knowledge and customer service skills
- Maximize all sales opportunity whenever possible
- Prioritize work to maximize efficiency
- Follow up with clients in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to deal with customer complaint in a polite manner
- Turn up at work and deliver projects and tasks on time
- Hold a professional and pleasant demeanour at all times
- Work weekends, evenings and holidays
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- english (Required)