Poundmaker’s Lodge Treatment Centres is growing and expanding and as such, we have an available position for an individual who will assume responsibility as casual Medication Administration. The overall objective is to assist with non-counseling support to people 18+ years of age who have an addiction. The responsibilities include medication dispensing to clients during scheduled medication times and assist with treatment services within a residential treatment center environment. This includes integration of cultural and spiritual practices of First Nations, Metis and Inuit cultures as well the 12 step abstinence based recovery in this practice. This position will also fulfill Program Attendant duties as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will work adhere to a weekly planning schedule, provide medication dispensing to clients during scheduled medication times, document all incoming medications and updated client medical information. Conduct daily medication reviews and dispense and record medication in accordance with the prescription directive. Accurately and efficiently document all client medication charts and ensure standards are maintained as per the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities. Ensure effective file management and consultation in a professional and therapeutic environment. Furthermore, the successful candidate will liaise with pharmacies on a regular basis and has the ability to work within a team environment.
1) Previous experience in an addiction field an asset;
2) Post-secondary education in Licensed Practical Nurse field is preferred; however, the following equivalencies will be considered: Licensed Practical Nurse with a diploma in Social Work and addictions field;
3) Experience in an addictions treatment centre an asset;
4) Completion of Medication Administration Certificate or equivalent;
5) Experience working with or knowledge of, Indigenous communities and culture will be considered an asset.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
1) Maintaining confidentiality is essential;
2) Attention to detail and multi-tasking skills;
3) Working knowledge of databases and client record keeping policies;
4) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer literacy skills;
1) The successful candidate will require a valid Alberta Driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle. Final candidates for this position will be asked to undergo a security screening;
2) Demonstration of a healthy lifestyle will be an asset;
3) As per the Health Professions Act, successful applicants must be registered with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA) to be eligible for this position. Please be prepared to provide you registration details at the time of interview. For more information please visit www.clpna.com.
Please ensure your cover letter and resume clearly outlines how your previous work experience is related to the qualifications and requirements for this position. Interested candidates should fax or email their cover letter and resume
Job Type: Casual