Job title :
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST – MENTAL HEALTH CARE
RELIEF PART TIME (0.50 FTE)
Interior Health is seeking a Relief, Part-Time Occupational Therapist to work in a Mental Health care setting based in Lansdowne Centre. As a Mental Health Centre, Lansdowne provides many services including adult community support, adult short-term assessment and treatment, community residential programs, geriatric programs, crisis intervention, day and outpatient programs, addictions counselling, concurrent disorders services, group therapy, peer support, and after-hours mental health support.
The successful Occupational Therapist will work independently, yet collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary rehabilitation team providing outpatient and community occupational therapy services including assessment, treatment planning and implementation, program planning, consultation, equipment prescription and education to the clients and/or their caregivers to promote functional independence and enable the client to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes. This position offers varied and interesting caseload. Days of work are flexible.
This position is to provide coverage until the return of the incumbent (February 2021). It is eligible for our comprehensive benefits plan that includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, and Extended Health. Relocation allowance may be offered to the successful applicant.
If you are passionate about the work you do and are looking for a rewarding career and great work/life balance, contact us today.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
- Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists or British Columbia Society of Occupational Therapists.
- Valid BC Driver’s license.
- Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
- Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
- Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
- Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
- Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
- Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
- Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.