Pharmasave #417 located in Kindersley, SK, is currently accepting resumes for a Part-time Sales Clerks. These positions will be approximately 8 to 20 hours per week.
The store is open Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm; Saturday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm; Sunday from 12:00 noon to 5:00 pm. The successful must be flexible as their shifts will fall between these days and times.
- The Sales Clerk associate is responsible for various Front Store duties such as handling customer transactions and merchandising of products.
- The successful candidate must be able to handle cash with accuracy.
- This position will contain job variety and the successful candidate will work at the cash register as well as stock shelves and keep the aisles neat and tidy.
- Applicants should possess superior communication and customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and blend well as part of a team.
- Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience in retail sales.
JOB DESCRIPTION: SALES CLERK
OBJECTIVE: To carry out sales transactions courteously and accurately. To provide friendly and professional customer service. To practice effective selling techniques. To assist with housekeeping, putting out stock, and merchandising.
- Develop a clear understanding of store policies. Read the Employee’s Manual. Ask questions if in doubt regarding policies and/or procedures.
- Follow correct procedures regarding floats and cash balancing as per store policy.
- Follow correct cash procedures as outlined in the Employee’s Manual. Follow store policy regarding cheques, credit cards, refunds, voids, and rainchecks.
- Accurately record and handle all transactions with minimal voids, overages, or shortages.
- Be knowledgeable regarding sale prices and products featured on sales.
- Request a cash pick-up when large sums of money are accumulated. Anticipate requirements for change before running out.
- Courteously, quickly, and efficiently handle customer purchases. Call for additional help when a line-up or delay occurs.
- Handle lottery and CBO tickets as per store procedures.
- Handle telephone inquires quickly and courteously. Avoid keeping in-store customers waiting.
- Return shopping carts and baskets to their proper place, ensuring an adequate supply for customers.
- Acknowledge and greet all customers with a smile and hello. Maintain a warm, friendly attitude towards all customers.
- Keep an eye open for customers who require assistance. Remember! Customers always come first.
- Develop and utilize selling techniques including features/benefits, closing, and companion sales.
- Develop product knowledge and learn about new products. Know product locations and store layout.
- Use tact and courtesy when dealing with difficult customers. Know who to refer a customer to if they have a complaint.
- Inform the store manager of all customer complaints, comments, and concerns regarding customer service, prices, merchandise, etc.
- Pay particular attention to store security. Follow store policy regarding the handling of shoplifters.
MERCHANDISING AND HOUSEKEEPING
- Learn and utilize proper merchandising techniques such as shelf label placement, stock rotation, and facing. Maintain specific sections as allocated. Notify the store buyer regarding merchandise out of stocks.
- Count inventory as advised by the Front Store Manager.
- Carry out housekeeping duties, ensuring that the store is kept clean, neat, and professional. The night staff is to sweep the floor every night and mop as required.
- Keep checkouts clean and neat, allowing sufficient room for customers.
- Maintain adequate stock of checkout supplies including bags, staples, till tapes and ribbons, raincheck, charge, and refund forms.
- Always keep busy and productive. When cashiering, identify tasks that can be performed between customers.
- Carry out additional duties as delegated by the Front Store Merchandiser and Pharmacist/Store Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Some cashiering or retail experience preferred.
- Available to work weekends is essential.
- Professional image including a complete, clean uniform, name tag, and proper grooming.
- Ability to communicate clearly and courteously with customers.
- Mature and co-operative attitude.
To view the full job description or to apply, please visit the Rubicon Pharmacies Careers page at http://www.rubiconpharmacies.com/careers, find the correct position, and apply!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: 21-144 & 21-145
Part-time hours: 8-20 per week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00-$13.50 per hour
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)