We are StormFree
StormFree Cloud Corporation (StormFree) is a funded start-up that is constructing the future of Enterprise Mobile Management (EMM) with a unique selection of cutting edge technologies and best-in-class practices and procedures. We provide licensees with highly flexible integrations that support interoperability at all levels of infrastructure. By provisioning the StormFree EMM platform, we empower companies to easily and affordably deploy and manage critical portions, or the entirety, of applicable services within their own ecosystem. Purpose built, highly scalable and portable, the platform is designed to constantly grow and improve service offerings based on customer feedback and market trends.
The StormFree Team enjoys a strong and interactive remote working culture, with the benefit of a healthy commute-free work-life balance. Our teams are diligent, innovative, and optimally-sized to fit our tuned SDLC and project management structure. Each team member has a voice and an important role to play in our mission to change how enterprises leverage modern software solutions, while embracing the flexibility and expandability of cloud computing. StormFree is a synergistic, skilled, and focussed organization, captained by experienced leaders with long-term vision and strong technical backgrounds.
To learn more about StormFree, please check our website at https://www.stormfree.cloud.
We Invite You
StormFree Cloud Corporation (StormFree) is looking for a Microservices Java Developer with experience in building high-volume client facing systems to join our team on a contract basis. You will work closely with the Cloud Architect and development team to deliver our high quality, secure products to our clients. This role can also be called Cloud Services Java Developer, Full Stack Java Developer, or DevOps Java Developer.
As a Microservices Java Developer, experience working in continuous integration environments, developing distributed systems and deploying containerized applications to the public cloud are key components to this role. We are seeking a great communicator and team player who is passionate about technology, excited to be part of a fresh, enterprising venture, and has a solid track record of delivering results.
All StormFree team members work remotely, are located in several provinces, and can be basedanywhere in Canada provided they are Canadian residents and have a stable, high-speed internet connection.
As Microservices Java Developer, you will:
- work closely with the Cloud Architect and development team to deliver our high quality, secure producton schedule and within budget
- build high-volume client facing systems with microservice backends
- deploy containerized applications to the public cloud
- create and deliver presentations to StormFree management and teams
- work with continuous integration and automated deployment environments
- focus on building and delivering high quality, secure, tested code
- work closely with the Cloud Architect to meet development timelines and quality thresholds
- mentor team members where you're the expert and accept some team leadership roles
- develop and update various documentation, including but not limited to, development standards, feature estimates, and test scripts
Required skills include:
- extensive (4+ years) of Java Development including:
- Java, Kotlin, Spring, Hibernate, JDBC, REST, GRPC
- mocking/testing frameworks
- solid experience with Microservices
- experience with public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- knowledge of containerization tools (Docker)
- comfortable working in continuous integration environments (GitLab CI)
- demonstrated ability to build and deliver high quality, secure, tested code
- ability to identify and communicate both potential issues and opportunities
- adept at considering problems from all angles and contributing effectively to solution options
- adaptable in a fast paced, dynamic, and growing organization
- proficient in creating and delivering presentations
- effective in interfacing with both technical and non-technical audiences
- ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- willing to mentor and take on some team leadership roles
- experience with version control (Git, GitLab, Repo)
- strong written and oral English communication
Preferred skills include knowledge of:
- distributed systems
- messaging backend such as Kafka and MQTT
- RxJava, Protobuf
- other languages such as Go, PHP and Python
- building Android applications
- a variety of software development methodologies, such as iterative prototyping, Agile
- strategies for Quality Assurance and experience testing
- cryptography and cryptosystems (SKC, PKC, hashing, certificates)
Preferred education includes:
- degree, preferably B.Sc. Engineering or Computer Science
- diploma from a technical institution
- relevant certifications from recognized training institutions
Your Work Environment
Your work space must have:
- a private work area, such as a rented space or a home office
- a stable, high-speed internet connection on a reliable network
- a computer with sufficient processing power to meet work commitments
- a headset and camera for meetings
This is a contract role, working remotely. Compensation, based on experience and performance is $30-60/hr.
We thank you for your interest in working with StormFree. You will be contacted if you are selected to move forward with the next step in our process.
Job Type: Contract, full-time hours
Job Type: Contract
- mocking/testing frameworks: 2 years (Required)
- Microservices: 3 years (Required)
- messaging backend such as Kafka and MQTT: 1 year (Preferred)
- Java: 4 years (Required)
- Spring, Hibernate, JDBC, REST, GRPC: 3 years (Required)
- knowledge of docker: 1 year (Preferred)
- Kotlin: 1 year (Preferred)