The Accounting and Payroll Associate is responsible for the execution of regular, monthly accounting and payroll functions as directed by the Controller.
- Successful completion of a recognized Business Administration or Accounting Program and;
- Two to three years of accounting experience; payroll experience an asset;
- Excellent computer skills required in Excel, Word, and experience working with an accounting software and/or payroll system;
Excellent organizational skills and detail orientated individual;
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential;
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Assist the Controller in monthly preparation of the Financial Statements, such as posting journal entries, reconciliation of accounts and payroll entries, etc.; preparation working of year end working papers; * Payroll administration working with Employee Services Coordinators in the processing of bi-weekly payroll and electronic submission of payroll to the bank; * Assist in T4 preparation; prepare remittances for Garnishments, Union Dues and Receiver General; * Assist in benefits administration; * Bank Deposits as required; * Provide assistance to Compensation Specialist; * Provide back-up to Financial Services Specialist; * Prepare and update various Excel spreadsheets as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- General accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Payroll: 1 year (Preferred)