Who We Are:
Lincoln Electric - The Welding Experts® It's more than a slogan, it's a reference to the knowledge we've gained in over 120 years as the global leader in the welding industry. Those 120 years have taught us to think locally, act globally and continually reinvent ourselves through R&D and innovation. We now have 63 manufacturing locations in 23 countries and a worldwide network covering more than 160 countries.
Our technologies are everywhere – from buildings bridges, cars and ships to pipelines and wind powers all around the world. Innovation, quality and integrity are what motivate us to be where we are: #1 in the welding industry. We believe in growth but more importantly, we believe in our people and the passion they share with us every day. We provide opportunities for our team to grow and develop. We strive to be fair and transparent with our team members. At Lincoln, you will not see a special parking spot for the President; however, you will find open doors to speak to any of our Leaders.
As part of a continuing legacy, working at Lincoln Electric Canada will give you the opportunity to contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to world challenges.
What We Expect From The Role:
- Read and follow the instructions in the Shift Notes that pertain to the product being run, prior to starting work.
- Verify that the color code of the supply Strip and the identification tag for the mix corresponds with the product being produced.
- Set up and string-up the line.
- Change dies and butt weld breaks together.
- Take appropriate percent fill checks, Check and Control the actual percent fill
- Control the net weight, cast, pitch, outside diameter, surface material, and physical appearance according to specification.
- Wind the electrode onto reels. Properly secure the start end of each reel.
- Operation of Oven – Large and Small.
- Properly label & identify each reel with the appropriate identification and Operator code.
- Maximize the productivity of the production line.
- Change parts when needed and correct problems before they affect the quality of the product.
- Verify the mix sifted/blended ticket and visually inspect the mix bell prior to dumping any mix into the mix hopper.
- Provide representative samples of the electrode, according to procedures, to the Quality Assurance Inspector for testing.
- Follow Permission Notes (IPNs / PNs) and Special Order Instructions that may affect the product that you are running.
- Report mechanical or electrical problems to the Shift Foreman or the Maintenance Department.
What We Need You To Have:
- High school degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1 to 3 years of Manufacturing Experience
- Knowledge to use computers
- Read, write and do general math well enough to keep the records associated with this job.
- Able to understand and interpret the specifications and procedures related to this job.
- Self-motivated safety and quality conscious; requiring minimal supervision.
- Be mechanically inclined and able to lift at least 60 pounds on a regular basis
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package with a Unique Profit Sharing Incentive Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including an Attractive Pension Plan
- Summer BBQ, Team Socials, Family Events and much more!
If you believe you have what we are looking for and you want to make your mark in the #1 welding company, we look forward to hearing from you!
This company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, record of offences, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation or any other Prohibited Ground. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
We appreciate your consideration for this once in a lifetime opportunity, however, only chosen applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time