WHO WE ARE:
As the leading distributor of public works equipment, Joe Johnson Equipment (JJE) provides mobile infrastructure-maintenance equipment to municipalities and contractors across Canada and the US. Through our branch network, we sell, rent, lease, service and support Vacuum Trucks, Refuse & Recycling Collection Vehicles, Street Sweepers, Snow Removal Equipment, Mowing Equipment, Ice Resurfacing Equipment, Sewer Cleaners and Inspection Cameras.
JJE is a dynamic and growing organization, focused on maintaining an employer of choice culture. We have a stable, team-based and collaborative work environment that drives our organization to be best-in-class within our industry. We offer opportunities across Canada and the US, and are committed to providing challenging and rewarding career paths for our employees.
JJE provides very competitive compensation packages, robust group benefits and an opportunity to grow professionally.
JJE is a proud subsidiary of Federal Signal Corporation.
LOCATION: MONTREAL, QC
TYPE OF POSITION: FULL TIME
- Diesel Truck Technician/Mechanic
- Experienced apprentices will be considered
- Chassis and Hydraulic experience required
- Proficient with computers
- Experienced with electrical work
- Exposure to Street Sweepers, Vacuum Trucks or Refuse equipment considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- Safety conscious
- Team player with positive attitude
- Perform trouble shooting, mechanical repairs and PDIs (pre-delivery inspections) on a variety of heavy equipment represented by JJE
- Conduct repairs in a timely and effective manner, communicating effectively with the Service Writer and Parts team to ensure optimal efficiency
- Conduct regular preventative maintenance tasks and inspections
- Communicate with Lead Hand and/or Service Manager regarding job progress and job status changes
- Maintain organized and safe work area, shop tools and service van
- Competitive compensation package with annual increase opportunities
- Competitive Shift Premiums
- Robust Group Benefits 100% paid for by the Company – inclusive of Health, Dental, Life, Disability and Travel coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer Matching Retirement Savings Plan
- Profit sharing opportunities paid quarterly
- Opportunity to grow professionally
- Work boot, tool and prescription safety glasses reimbursement
- Tuition & Professional Development paid
- Factory training opportunities and Technician training bonus up to $3000.00
- Ongoing safety training and safe work environment
- Federally recognized as certified Employment Equity organization
If you are looking for a new and exciting career opportunity, then we welcome your application. JJE provides a dynamic work environment and an opportunity to grow with us. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from all qualified persons, however only those who are being considered for the position will be contacted.
If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify HR in advance and we will provide applicable accommodation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- diesel mechanic: 1 year (Preferred)