Sales Representative – Civil/Construction Machine Control Technologies – Edmonton, AB
Spatial is looking for an ambitious, highly-driven salesperson to join our team. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for construction, technology, connecting with people and communicating technical information then this may be the position for you. If you know your way around heavy equipment, site designs/surveys, grade stakes, lasers, GPS and robotic total stations, we want to hear from you.
- Prospect and generate new business and support a growing user base.
- Effectively communicate and demonstrate how new technology impacts accuracy, Productivity and margins.
- Communicate and collaborate with Spatial technical staff to support Leica solutions.
- Successfully balance and execute planning, strategy and prospecting in a fast paced environment.
- Support your clients with a quick response and attention to detail.
- Always strive to over deliver what’s been promised.
Job Type / Category
The position is for a Technical Sales Representative to service the Northern Alberta and Northern Saskatchewan area. You will be working with Contractors, Heavy Equipment Operators, Surveyors, Engineers and any construction business that needs precision positioning for their job sites. There will be some travel required.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Heavy Equipment Operator and/or Geomatics/Civil Engineering diploma or 3+ years relevant work experience.
- Background in construction, surveying equipment, GPS/Laser technology and/or machine automation.
- Familiar with surveying theory and field work.
- Experience operating robotic total stations and GPS equipment.
- Thorough understanding of survey field and office software and CAD systems.
- Aptitude for computer related technology.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be highly Organized and able to work independently.
- Problem solving skills are essential.
- Valid Alberta Driver's license
Spatial Technologies is an established supplier of measurement solutions to the Western Canada Geomatics, Exploration, Engineering and Construction market. Spatial provides high quality measurement solutions and machine automation to civil/construction firms to improve productivity, efficiency and margin.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Heavy Equipment Operator: 1 year (Required)
- Construction Surveying: 1 year (Preferred)