DoubleTree by Hilton is a busy 490 rooms award winning hotel located in the heart of downtown Toronto near the City Hall. We strive to deliver great individualized and uncompromising service to every hotel guest that passes through our doors. We are currently looking for experienced Guest Service Agents with a service oriented and caring attitude sophistication and a genuine smile that creates a warm, welcoming environment for our guests, to join our Front office team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Create that first impression, and provide a warm welcome to the guest upon arrival. As a Front Desk Agent, you will take care of the guests from the moment they arrive to their departure by ensuring they have a memorable experience with us.
- Greets and completes established check-in procedures for arriving guests on a daily basis, in order to ensure guest are satisfied and in rooms as requested.
- Facilitates guest departure (check-out) on a daily basis and ensuring that guests had a great stay with us.
- Regularly calculates and/or posts monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash handling methods and established procedures in order to present the customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and maintain accurate hotel records.
- Courteously answers inquiries and accepts reservations, both in person and by telephone, by accurately communicating hotel rates and information and by using suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Maintains good customer relations by keeping abreast of all in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on telephone.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Process guest check-outs. Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures, Is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, exceptional oral and written communication skills. Must be organized and detail oriented and have strong multitasking skills.
- Must have the ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
- Actively build and maintain guest relationships to enhance brand loyalty.
Education & Experience
· 1-2 years previous experience in a Guest Services role in a fast paced Hotel operation is a requirement
· Exceptional communication interpersonal skills and command of English language. Knowledge of an Additional language a definite asset
· Completion of Post Secondary Education in Hospitality or related field required.
· Knowledge of OnQ Operating system a definite asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$24.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Customer service: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person