A two-billion-dollar global leader in the high performance and lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA, Inc. designs, develops and markets more than 3,000 styles for men, women and children. Skechers' success stems from its employees, high-quality, varied product offering, diversified domestic and international distribution channels, and targeted multi-channel marketing.
The company offers two distinct footwear categories:
a lifestyle division which includes Skechers Memory Foam and the charity line BOBS from Skechers, and Skechers Performance which includes Skechers GOrun and Skechers GOwalk footwear. Through licensing agreements, the company also offers branded apparel, bags, eyewear and more.
Celebrity product endorsees for Skechers' collections include the world famous drummer Ringo Starr, multi-platinum recording artist Demi Lovato, model and actress Kelly Brook, TV personality Brooke Burke-Charvet, legendary quarterbacks Joe Montana and Joe Namath, baseball stars Pete Rose and Mariano Rivera, and The Voice winner Danielle Bradbery. In addition, elite marathon champion and Boston Marathon winner Meb Keflezighi, elite runner Kara Goucher, and pro golfer Matt Kuchar represent the Skechers Performance Division.
The Company sells its footwear in department, specialty and independent stores, as well as through more than 1000 Company-owned Skechers retail stores and online at skechers.com. Beyond the United States, Skechers product is available in more than 120 countries and territories through an international network of subsidiaries in Canada, Brazil, Chile, Japan, and across Europe, as well as through joint ventures in Asia and distributors around the world.
Skechers ships product through a 1.82 million square-foot, fully automated, LEED-Gold certified distribution facility in California that serves North America. The Company also operates a 753,000-square-foot facility in Belgium that serves Europe and ships directly to the rest of the planet.
The role of a Product Specialist is to assist the management team in fulfilling and executing the company mission statement during every work shift. Responsible for meeting and exceeding retail productivity measurements including total sales goals, units per transaction (UPT), total units sold, and average dollar (ADS) through creating an exceptional and exciting customer experience. Product Specialists are responsible for engaging with customers and applying the knowledge learned from company-driven training programs as it relates to product knowledge and the SKECHERS Promise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Expected to meet or exceed assigned personal sales goals and personal metric objectives.
- Maintains a commitment to the company’s sales processes, values and business code of ethics.
- Ability to develop long-term client relationships and/or managing a client base.
- Ability to analyze options for customers, makes decisions and takes action with an out of the box approach in order to improve business results.
- Properly and accurately receives merchandise, totals bills, accepts payment, and makes change for customers in our retail stores (if trained to do so).
- Assists customers with transactions on register. Properly total sales and determine bill (if trained to do so).
- Wraps or bags merchandise for customers. Personally walks each bag around the counter to the customer.
- Graciously accept returns while turning returns into exchanges. Partners with management if customer requires return/exchange transactions.
- Demonstrates good salesmanship.
- Assists in proper product placement and consistent execution of company’s marketing and visual presentation standards and directives.
- Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
- Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise.
- Stocks shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise. Sets up displays according to company directives.
- Ability to professionally communicate and engages customers by answering questions and sharing product features and benefits.
- Ability to create excitement and shows passion for the product by communicating relevant information about fitness and fashion to customers.
- Demonstrates teamwork by working cooperatively with others towards common group objectives, demonstrates respect for the ideas and contributions of other team members, cultivates positive relationships with other associates, and provides assistance and support to others.
- Represents the company in a positive manner both with internal and external customers.
- Completes all inventory processes promptly and accurately in order to limit losses and shrink.
- Completes verification of store funds when asked to do so.
- Demonstrates the ability to consistently follow The Promise and all company customer service standards.
- Ability to accurately measure customer's feet to ensure proper sizing.
- Complies with policies and procedures at all times.
- Completes quality store recovery in order to prepare for the next day’s business.
- Willing and able to clean shelves, counters, tables and overall store.
- Completes daily housekeeping and cleaning to ensure store is always visually appealing to customers.
- All employees are required to use ladders as an essential function of this job, as that is part of the daily duties to maintain the store’s daily operations and in order to service customers. Therefore, dress code and safety policies must be followed. This is also outlined under the PHYSICAL DEMANDS section of the job description.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.