Carpedia International is a results-oriented Management Consulting firm used by high performance organizations interested in rapid and sustainable performance improvement.
Since its start in 1994, Carpedia has conducted project work on five continents and has worked with some of the world’s leading companies in all industries including (but not limited to) financial services, manufacturing, healthcare, logistics, insurance, retail and private equity.
We are currently looking to add a highly talented individual to our team as a Strategic Studies Manager. The successful candidate should possess the ability to think laterally and creativity through applying a quantitative mindset to solving unique operating problems and challenges. The candidate will need to have strong communication and time management skills due to competing priorities. Strong, assertive, and concise communication is required to fully understand the scope of work as well as provide relevant and applicable client solutions.
Our Strategic Studies vertical is in its infancy and represents roughly 10% of total revenue. The vertical focuses on solving strategic and operating problems for our clients such as network design, commercial strategy, and operation strategy. There is a significant desire to grow this product and channel over the next three years. A successful candidate must demonstrate an ability to be entrepreneurial and appreciate the challenges associated with building a new business/vertical.
*Special note during COVID: Please note that we take the health and safety of our teams very seriously. While projects are continuing and some of our work has transitioned to virtual based, our teams are still required to travel up to 100% during this time. Please address any concerns you have about travelling in your cover letter for our HR team to address during the interview process*
What we provide:
- A fast-paced environment that operates with a flat organizational structure, and lean project teams
- A creative and flexible methodology that is deployed for solving our clients strategic operating problems
- A clear career progression and mentorship framework that is designed to support individuals growth
- A competitive salary and compensation structure that aligns to the growth of the vertical
What we are looking for:
- Successful candidates will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with a proven track record with a leading strategy consulting firm;
- Expertise in Organizational Structure and Design, Organizational Analysis, Corporate Strategy, Cost Structure Management or Strategic Development;
- Proven ability to solve abstract problems and develop strategic solutions for various operational processes and operations strategy;
- Strong critical thinking skills, analytical abilities, and a capacity for lateral thinking;
- Experience carrying out strategic assessments, strategic business cases and developing organizational growth strategies;
- Have experience identifying and supporting the sale of engagements from the proposal phase through to the end of the project life cycle;
- Experience working closely with and presenting to senior level clients;
- A strong leadership capability and a demonstrated background of developing others;
What we require
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a business program. MBA or graduate degree is an asset;
- Minimum of two years of professional services or industry experience;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written. Individuals must be fluent in English. Strong presentation skills and an ability to communicate effectively across all levels in an organization;
- Advanced analytical skills with a high attention to detail;
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time as defined by project requirements. All employees are required to have a valid driver’s license, and a valid Canadian, American or Mexican passport and be eligible to qualify for a TN work visa under NAFTA;
- Superior MS Office skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
Carpedia is dedicated to creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, equality, diversity and dignity. We strive to eliminate employment barriers and encourage a workplace based on the principles that align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time