Why join the Metrie Team?
At Metrie, we have been creating designs that turn houses into homes for more than 90 years. We understand it takes a great team to create success, which is why at Metrie, we believe that our strength lies in our talented people. We are looking to add more of the best and brightest professionals to join the Metrie team. Help us build the next chapter of our company's history as we continue along our path of inspiring designers, architects, and homeowners to design and create beautiful interior spaces.
As a member of our Metrie team, you'll see attainable goals that call upon your talents and skills. Metrie offers a great mix of total rewards for your contributions and exciting opportunities to collaborate with smart and passionate colleagues. Come join our team and help us continue our history of success!
The Metrie Manufacturing Sales Team is growing, and we strongly believe in developing our future leaders from within the organization. As such we are looking for sales management trainees at our manufacturing facilities who aspire to learn, develop, and advance their careers with Metrie!
What will you be doing in the Sales Management Trainee Program?
The Sales Management Trainee will begin their career with Metrie as an Account Manager responsible for providing inside sales support and other related services for the manufacturing facilities. In addition, the sales management trainees will be provided with exposure to leadership decisions that will have a major impact on the business. Part of the career development will be opportunities to work directly with our production teams to better understand our manufacturing process. The successful candidate will also be responsible for developing and maintaining positive customer relationships and keeping current on company products, sales procedures, and market conditions. The Sales Management Trainee will report to the Sales Manager of the region.
What You’ll Do:
This position is a key individual contributor to the Sales & Manufacturing team, focused on achieving sales targets & helping to deliver a quality customer experience that is in line with the values of the company.
At a high level, you will:
- Provide oversight for day-to-day sales, margin, analysis, and customer relationships of Metrie’s manufacturing business and take responsibility to achieve the targeted budget.
- Provide ongoing support and training to our Manufacturing and Retail teams to drive Metrie’s NOI associated with internally manufactured products.
- Ensure Metrie penetrates selected geographic markets where it can profitably achieve a dominant market share through customer intimacy.
- Ensure Metrie profitably penetrates new and existing channels to enhance market power with customers and suppliers.
- Collaborate with production and shipment teams to ensure our customers receive the highest level of service.
- Work closely with the Sales team as well as liaison with the Production team to satisfy customer due dates.
- Maintain and keep current detailed records, reports, and customer data.
- Effectively represent Metrie’s interests when dealing with customers, the community, employees, and suppliers.
Who You Are:
We would love to hear from you if you have/ are/ can:
- 3+ years of Sales experience. A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Extroverted, warm, enthusiastic, empathetic stimulating communicator. Persuasive “selling” style and collaborative approach.
- Handle a variety of activities, and multiple projects occurring simultaneously. Multi-tasking, have a sense of urgency for achieving goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Focused team building approach; can inspire, motivate, and engage with internal and external customers.
- Prior CRM Tool training/ use is an asset.
- Prior sales/customer support experience is an asset.
- Open to career development opportunities which could include relocation within the first five years.
- Understanding of the building industry and construction practices is preferred.
How to Apply?
Come work with us! Send us your resume . We look forward to reviewing your application!
**Metrie conducts pre-employment screening including but not limited to background checks and drug testing for all final candidates. All applications will be independently reviewed. We are an E-Verify employer.
Metrie embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and customers belong. We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome any and all qualified applicants. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact our Human Resources team.