Louis W. Bray Construction is ramping up for the spring and currently hiring for Construction Labourers in and around the Greater Ottawa area to be responsible for performing a variety of construction activities requiring varied experience and skill in at least one trade area (i.e. carpentry, concrete, pipe laying, sewer and waterworks).
- Digging, spreading and levelling dirt and gravel
- Lifting, carrying and holding building materials, tools, and supplies; cleaning tools, equipment, materials, and work areas
- Using powered tools such as Jack-hammers, saws & packers
- Mixing, pouring, and spreading concrete, asphalt, or gravel
- Performing a variety of routine, non-machine tasks, such as removing forms from set concrete, painting and other related tasks
- Performing rough framing, finishing freshly poured concrete; erecting scaffolding, shoring, and braces; waterproofing surfaces; applying caulking compounds to seal crevices; grinding, sanding, or polishing surfaces such as concrete, wood and steel; demolishing buildings, sawing lumber, dismantling forms, removing projections from concrete, cutting and attaching insulating material.
- Adhere to the company’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to successfully complete safety training as required on an ongoing basis.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Effectively communicate with team members
- Effectively communicate, problem solve and maintain an effective working relationship with team members, supervisors, customers, sub-contractors, equipment operators, property owners, and the general public
- Must be knowledgeable of the hazards and safety requirements of the job
- General knowledge of practices and methods applicable to heavy civil construction is preferred
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors and may be done at a surface environment, at extreme heights, underground or water, and in inclement weather.
- Expect to do a considerable amount of lifting, carrying, climbing, kneeling and balancing. Thus, a certain amount of strength dexterity and alertness is required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00-$30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All Government legislated Heath and Safety Covid Protocols are in place for working safely on our sites.
- Driver's License (preferred)