Join the Victoria Village team this summer! We are looking for a student/youth to serve as a laundry aide and assist housekeeping/laundry staff with duties and tasks as assigned this summer.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Sort and process dirty laundry; sort, fold and hang clean laundry;
- Label residents’ personal laundry;
- Assist with housekeeping tasks
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident and personnel information;
- Maintain a safe environment at all times and follow all infection control procedures;
- Use provided personal protective equipment;
- Follow all Health and Safety procedures and report all injuries and hazards to supervisor immediately;
- Other reasonable requests from management.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and residents
- Good understanding of chemical and equipment use
- Ability to work independently or as a team
- Bending, lifting, twisting, pushing and pulling up to 50lbs. in 8 hour shift
This position is funded under the Canada Summer Jobs program, and to be eligible, youth must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Please apply to this job posting with a resume and cover letter.
Victoria Village is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individuals with disabilities through each stage of the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please let us know.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract, Seasonal
Contract length: 8 weeks
Salary: $16.00 per hour
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Proof of COVID-19 vaccine dose 1, 2 and booster (if eligible) required.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Barrie, ON L4N 1G3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Cleaning: 1 year (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-07-03