We are looking for a passionate tutor who is a fluent French speaker and and can tutor elementary and high-school students. Candidates should be familiar with the elementary and high-school curriculum for both Core French and Immersion French. Applicants should be able to assist with reading, writing, and speaking in French. This position will be completely remote and all tutoring will be done online.
Why Work With Us?
- Great experience for new teachers or teacher candidates
- Flexible working hours - you make your schedule!
- Work from the comfort of your home
- Inspire and mentor students
- Provide online French tutoring sessions through an online learning platform (Zoom) to elementary and high-school students
- Observe and evaluate student's skill level to determine progress and work towards improvement
- Work alongside parents/guardians to create a personal academic plan or timeline for the student
- Help students in their area of need such as homework completion, getting ahead in class, learning new concepts, etc.
- Be able to relate to the student and act as a mentor to them
- Fluent in English and French
- Currently enrolled in or completed a Bachelor's Degree (B.Ed. is an asset)
- Prior tutoring or teaching experience in Ontario is required
- Good knowledge of the Ontario Core and Immersion French curriculum
- Have access to Zoom on a computer and a stable internet connection
- Be available during evenings on school days and weekends
Tutors can create their own schedule based on client preference and personal preference. Tutors can accept and decline tutoring opportunities, but should be available to work with a minimum of 3-4 clients.
Please do not email your resumes or call to apply. Only applicants who apply via Indeed will be considered. Applicants must be Ontario residents.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00-$18.00 per hour
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- French tutoring: 1 year (preferred)
- English (preferred)
- French (preferred)