Pickering Casino Resort & Casino Ajax are seeking Shipper & Receiver!
Don’t miss the opportunity to join One Toronto Gaming’s Pickering Casino Resort and Casino Ajax Food & Beverage team!
This exciting career opportunity at Casino Ajax and the new Pickering Casino Resort is seeking dynamic individuals with a drive to succeed, strong guest relations and supervisory skills; responsibilities of this role will align with the position of Shipper & Receiver at Casino Ajax and Pickering Casino Resort.
Under the general direction of the Food & Beverage Supervisor, this position will be responsible for receiving and sending any shipments that come in and ensures adherence to all policies and procedures, motivates and leads by example and provides a learning environment while establishing a safe and welcoming work environment for all team members. Above all, this position must lead by example to create Great Experiences and Memories for all guests and colleagues!
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with proven knowledge, skills and abilities, executing the following in support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
- Coordinate the receiving and shipping of merchandise primarily for the department to and from the warehouse and other third-party distributors.
- Inspect and verify shipments to the packing slip/purchase order and process invoices for
- accounts payable, resolving receiving discrepancies by negotiating with the driver and contacting
- vendors to reach a solution.
- Accountable for maintaining a clean, safe and organized work environment and providing the highest caliber of customer service and respect to patrons and employees. In order to secure company assets, you will always maintain awareness of the gaming operation and comply with security policies and procedures.
- Work under Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) regulations and comply with all applicable laws, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- A minimum of one year’s experience in Shipping/Receiving / Driving large 26’ rental truck.
- Previous experience within the gaming industry would be an asset.
- A valid G license and good driving record.
- Valid Forklift license
- Able to lift to 50lbs over shoulders.
- Ability to break down 20 to 80 pallets of marketing merchandise stacked up to 6ft. high weekly.
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers and vendors.
- The ability to pay close attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge in the use of MS Excel, MS Word and MS Access.
- The ability to obtain registration as a Category 2 Gaming Assistant with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
Pickering Casino Resort & Casino Ajax candidates must be ready and willing to work at both locations, a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights. The hours of work and location will be based on operational needs. Ready to embark on your next adventure?
Great Canadian Gaming Corporation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we welcome all qualified applicants to apply to join our team of unique contributors. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process and applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required. We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those qualified to continue in the recruitment process.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.46 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift