Position: Marketing & Communication Manager
Job Number: 1013601
Location: Calgary, AB
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Start Date: Immediately
Salary & Benefits: Competitive Market Salary, 50% Rent Discount + Company Paid Medical Benefits (Dental, Health and Vision Care)
Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a distinguished real estate company which is publicly traded on Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX). Its business focus is on acquisition & upgrading of residential properties and managing its own portfolio of over 12,000 residential apartments in five major cities across Canada. Visit our website for more information (www.mainst.biz).
The Marketing & communication professional should have skills and experience in digital media, content writing and graphic designing. The person will be managing the company's Investor Relations (IR), Marketing and Communication. S/he will be involved in the IR strategy, planning, and implementation of Social Media, Marketing (both traditional and digital) & Digital Content, and working with a team that helps maximise the quality and efficiency.
The position will undertake various marketing projects like email campaigns, marketing material development, website content management, and training tools.
Responsibilities of the position involves:
- Lead growing Social Media content management work across the organization and evolve strategies, platforms, and programs so as to drive positive Marketing ROI.
- Lead strategic initiatives across all facets to better drive public engagement, acquisition, and retention.
- Be a trusted advisor for senior leaders, partner groups and affinity relationships with respect to the digital advertisement and marketing ecosystem.
- Lead partnerships with internal client digital stakeholders to drive integration across print & electronic media, graphic designs, web, and mobile.
- Write and revise media content, presentations, employee manuals, and job aids to improve visual appeal and consistency of training tools.
- Support training initiatives through content development and implementation.
- Formulate and design student manual for the Operational Excellence's Root Cause Analysis course.
- Manage and complete projects as per specified timeline, prioritizing and working on multiple projects.
- Create / edit storyboards, training videos, incorporated appropriate audio and graphics files.
- Provided instructional design support, as well as recommended appropriate tools and course design structure.
- Conducting research to tap into new avenues of advertising hence creating maximum exposure for Mainstreet.
- Seeking new opportunities by expanding into the student market & forming relationships with student consultancy firms and University associations.
- Monitor and manage the social media accounts for reputation management and brand development
- Formulated Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for photography, content management and online ads.
- Collaborated with project teams to determine scope, develop plans & schedules, and budgetary support.
- Creating the descriptions for new buildings and updating the website with it
- Managing and reviewing the performance of all ILS websites (Rentfaster, Kijiji, Padmapper, Craigslist, Rentboard, Walk score)
- Managing the advertising platforms like homebuzz & landlord web solutions
- Reputation Management for Mainstreet (Which will include responding to any negative reviews on Google or any other platforms)
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least three years of relevant work experience
- Experience managing multiple functions simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage marketing department
- Strong knowledge base of digital channel communication
- Graduate of a Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, or related discipline
- Interested to work in the marketing field, both in online and traditional environment
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- Familiarity with email marketing programs and online applications (e.g. CRM tools, Online analytics)
- Understands and can utilize emerging platforms, digital media, and web/social media management and measurement tools (e.g. HootSuite, Google Analytics)
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite preferred (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Understanding of WordPress preferred, but not required
- Business Communication & Digital Communication
- Leadership skills
- Content Writing and Graphic Designs
- Business Analysis
- eLearning Development
- Brand Development
- Advertisement & Marketing
- Need Analysis
- Visuals Management
- Marketing Material Preparation
- Proposal Writing
- Audience Analysis
- CRM Knowledge
- Understanding of SEO & SEM
- Social Media Management & Advertising Experience
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume quoting “Job No. 1013601" in the subject line to our email address. Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305 - 10 Ave SE
Fax: (403) 266-8867
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Marketing: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)