The Mat Company is a fabricator and distributor of mats fitted in commercial applications such as office buildings and shopping centres. We require an individual to be our Lead Hand in the production and installation of mats in and around the Calgary area.
As our Mat Production Lead, you will be responsible to assemble mats in our shop including seaming, edging and placing inlaid logos into the mats after cutting from our CNC machine. You will at times be required to deliver and place mats with on-site modifications or full installs. Your own vehicle such as a truck or van is required to perform on-site work and deliveries.
Typical additional duties, software applications used:
- Building of mats including seaming and edging require, attention to detail
- Light installation including delivery and installing mats and carpet tile, physical
- Scheduling your own work including production, deliveries and installations
- Reading drawings and on-site measures, Autocad
- Shipping, receiving and inventory control, Excel
- Providing top level service to customers, Hubspot CRM
- Maintaining warehouse and equipment, greasing machine
- Operation of forklift (experience required or certification completed)
- Operating a CNC cutting machine (training), Vcarve
- Prepare drawings and quotes (training), Affinity Designer, Autocad
The job requires that you are very comfortable with a utility knife to cut carpet and physically capable of handling heavy rolls. You must be English speaking and have at minimum a high school education. You need your own vehicle and a clean driving record. Previous flooring or other similar experience having to cut materials or contracting type work is a requirement.
The ability to measure and do drawings on site is expected. Knowledge of software like Autocad, Adobe, Affinity Designer, Excel and Hubspot would be an asset. Other skills such as IT, web and past sales experience will open up more opportunity for advancement.
Typical working hours:
The primary roll of cutting carpet, seaming and edging mats is all done at our shop in Foothills Industrial area 8:30 – 5:00. On occasion, deliveries and installations require after hours access which can make working hours vary from time to time with compensation.
We require our team members to be:
- Reliable in attendance and work ethic with regular office hours weekdays.
- Able to periodically work after hours during our busier times and take holidays in summers only.
- Personable and cooperative in interactions with customers and coworkers
- Attentive to detail in mat production and order processing is critical
Please apply with cover letter outlining why you think you would be a good fit for this position highlighting examples of your attention to detail and past experience relevant to performing the job and any additional skills that will help you in advancement.
Start: Immediately 3 days a week leading into full time, depending on experience. Actual working hours are flexible.
Contact: Robin Williams by email only
If selected for an interview we will require two recent references from your previous employers and we will do a police check. While we thank you for your application, only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Part-time hours: 24-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$24.00 per hour
Your work is in our shop with no other staff really around. When working around other staff you will be required to wear a mask. Flexible hours are to allow for family care with a later start and working late or switching working days.